Advanced search

I would like some advice on getting life insurance/critical illness/death cover for DH

(9 Posts)
saltire Mon 11-Aug-08 19:19:42

We currently have life cover and critical illness death cover on our endowment policy. It doesn't cover death in war though.
We are surrendering our endowment and need some new cover, preferably for both of us, but one which includes death in action/war zones for DH. Sadly it's something that is more liekly now than 10 years agosad

SammyC Tue 12-Aug-08 13:00:22

We use a company called Abacus, we have my husband covered to the max plus a family insurance with them, OH forces.

saltire Tue 12-Aug-08 13:54:07

Thanks sammy. What does it cover him for? I want one that will also cover our mortgage payments if he gets killed in action, or wounded.

sal1309 Tue 12-Aug-08 14:39:46

think my hubby uses pax insurance dont know much about it though hun. might be worth having a look in the defence discount broucher as there might be some specialist insurance companies in that

SammyC Tue 12-Aug-08 16:11:54

We use pax also, will check the details and get back to you on that, I believe it covers the mortgage (on abacus) will check and get you a number/website.

SammyC Tue 12-Aug-08 16:20:03

Hi There,

Cant find the full details that we have taken out, must be in OH admin file at his camp. Abacus tel 01635299591 or website We have OH kit insured with it I def know that. We have found them very helpful and quick to respond when we have chopped and changed things on the schedule, thankfully never had to claim!

The company are military specialist.

Hope this helps.

Romy7 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:43:06

pax is a military specialist that is heavily pushed, but be really careful and make sure it covers everything you need. dh got blown up on ex and ended up with brain surgery etc. he wasn't covered as 'skull fracture's not on our list, sorry.' if he'd broken his ankle playing hockey it would have been fine. hmm

twoplusone Tue 12-Aug-08 19:31:04

We use pax and also have a nother private insurance.. but pax is the one that covers DH in the war zones... but as romy says make sure everything is included.. I have a friend who works in the mil hospital in Birmingham, and she says it is so sad the amount fo soliders that go through that werent fully covered for the injuries that thy sustained..

Drusilla Wed 13-Aug-08 23:10:02

There are several companies that will cover service people, even in theatre. I know AXA do. You need to go one of the financial advisers specialising in cover for Forces.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: