Talk

Advanced search

Anyone living at RAF Marham can tell me what married quarters are like!!

(8 Posts)
Suzie80 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:19:41

As above, we are looking to getting a posting early next year and one of the options is RAF Marham,, we are currently in Lossiemouth and in a fab house so was just wondering what they are like there, 3 beds!!
Thanks xxx

abba1772 Fri 01-Aug-08 16:50:27

hi

can't help you with RAF Marham but i moved from lossiemouth 6 months ago with DH we are now in barnham.

I only know of one person in Marham and they have a pokey 2 bedroom but she is desperately trying for a 3 bedroom as she says they were quite nice

sorry couldn't be anymore help x x

Suzie80 Fri 01-Aug-08 17:34:29

Hi.
Thank you for message. Hopefully someone will know, the pics on RAF site dont look too nice!!
Did you like Lossiemouth? Where is Barnham?
xxx

nocluemum Sat 16-Aug-08 11:20:08

Had some friends who lived there a few years ago and we went to see them. Really nice house with 3 beds and decent bathroom and kitchen. I think they were on Gayton Avenue

domesticslattern Sat 16-Aug-08 11:29:30

My brother lives at RAF Marham (transferred from Lossiemouth!), His house is quite nice with a decent garden but it takes blimming ages for repairs to get done eg. damp sad and no hot water for a while when the boiler bust angry. My sister in law also finds it a bit isolated. I think she is looking forward to the next posting.

He is coming to visit tomorrow so I will ask him more if you like. Anything specific?

FourArms Sat 16-Aug-08 19:50:35

We lived there... 17 years ago! We lived on ChalkPit Close, which was an Officers type house which they were allocating to SNCO's.

It was quite rural and isolated. 30mins or so to Kings Lynn to do 'big shops', but that might all have changed now.

abba1772 Sun 17-Aug-08 20:12:44

i loved lossiemouth but we werethere for 7 years so it was time to move lol. barnham is about 5 miles from RAF honington

domesticslattern Tue 19-Aug-08 11:15:36

Suzie80, sorry my SIL says that she doesn't like Marham much. She says it makes Lossie look like a buzzing metropolis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now