Talk

Advanced search

Do you think I am being cruel if..........

(12 Posts)
twoplusone Tue 29-Jul-08 12:10:24

I leave DS years old with his grandparents in the Uk for a week, whilst I sort the house out for moving, packing and cleaning.
He is saying he doesnt want to stay as he cant understand that he is flying there with me then flying back with his pops.

I know he will be fine there with his pops as they dote on each other.. it will be 4 11 days.

I am very tempted to phone airline up today and trf his rtn flight tot he same as his pops flight over to help with the move.

I do feel mean, but i will be able to get so much more done if i just have the baby, as DS1 is very much wanting and needing attention 100percent of the time, where the baby will come with me in everyroom, but will entertain himself with his toys.

Would you do it.. or am I being mean..xx

twoplusone Tue 29-Jul-08 12:10:50

that shoud read ds 4years old

glaskham Tue 29-Jul-08 12:16:45

I'm unsure... will it be just you and the baby or will you have DP/DH with you to help? if it was just you then i'd be tempted to do what you say, and if you have someone else with you getting the new house sorted then i'd not bother leaving him... after all i'd miss my DS too much to leave him for 11days!! (but thats just my opinion!!)

twoplusone Tue 29-Jul-08 13:09:17

I am on my own.. ds will come home the day before his daddy is due back from Afghanistan, atfer 6.5months.. The come home on the tuesday and we move on the friday.. but as i am trying to pack this end, and start the cleaning.. as he has just started to draw on everywall in thehouse in biro..he is n self destruct mode at the mo. My dd is also due back that day as she is at her dads at the mo, then is going on holiday with my mam.

twoplusone Tue 29-Jul-08 13:11:26

i will miss him terribly, but I think I need to do this for my sanity, as trying to be super woman just isnt working at the mo..

I know he will be fine as when we are with his parents ds1 doesnt want to know me at all, I am not allowed to do anthing for him his pops has to do everything.. he really is a mans manand dh being away is affecting him more thanthe other 2. Bless him.xx

glaskham Tue 29-Jul-08 13:16:18

i say do it then if you feel happy and secure in your !! No point struggling on your own with him and baby if you have another plan!!

twoplusone Wed 30-Jul-08 09:18:05

I have done it i have trf ds1flight to return with is pops.. I will be gutted when it comes to leaving him and feel awful, but I know he will have a fab time, his pops is planning says out at theme parks and everything for him, so they will be doing something everyday.. which will be alot better for him than sitting in the house.. getting bored as I am sorting everything out..

Bless him

sunnytimes Wed 30-Jul-08 11:06:26

Message withdrawn

twoplusone Wed 30-Jul-08 12:21:43

I know sunnytimes.. thank youx

SammyC Thu 31-Jul-08 07:21:35

Let him be spoilt and have fun with his grandparents, he will have a ball like sunnytimes says, go for it and dont have guilt just enjoy the break and then enjoy him when he gets back x

Romy7 Fri 01-Aug-08 17:31:15

I don't move with children. they go to grandma's every time it is even slightly possible. that way i can unpack toys and make the house the house seem like 'theirs' which helpd them settle a lot quicker... they moved back from germany a week before us, and although we moved out with them from canada, we then left them at g'ma's whilst we drove to scotland to move in... if you have the option, take it!

twoplusone Sat 02-Aug-08 07:51:24

Thank you..
i do feel relieved, and at least he will be having fun.. I have all three of them for the move thoguh.. but I dont care about that as DH WILL BE HOME yeah yeah yeah.. DS1 will be home 24hrs before his dad and DD arrives home the same time as him..

Wekk we are of tot eh UK tommorrow jus checked weather for north east and looks like we are in for rain all week bar monday.. so raincoats will be at the ready.... Will have to fold rain cover up really small to fit in suitcase..

Have a good weekend all.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now