Talk

Advanced search

Phoning from abroad on a ship

(6 Posts)
SmallShips Sun 27-Jul-08 21:57:06

Just wondering if anyone could advise. DH is in the Gulf onboard on ops. His mobile is blocked. I got a phonecall this p.m from a UK area code, answered and it was DH. He said he was phoning at sea, using the phonecards they give you. Is it usual for it to come from a UK number?? Usually its +(enter country dial code here) or international. Got it in my head, they may have flown home 2 weeks early due to broken ship... There was alot of ummms and ahhs when i asked where he was and then he said he would email me from the ship, but he didn't!

littlelapin Sun 27-Jul-08 21:58:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SmallShips Sun 27-Jul-08 22:01:39

014 is right. Oh well, could do with the operational pay, only 19 days left.

Sidge Sun 27-Jul-08 22:01:47

Yes it's routed through Sheffield or Leicester or something.

Agree with LL he probably can't tell you where he is. And if on ops they often block external email as well. I used to go days without email from DH then get 5 all at once!

hughjarssss Sun 27-Jul-08 22:03:54

Tut Tut SS, You should have more faith in your new husband grin

SmallShips Sun 27-Jul-08 22:15:49

He usually comes home early and "suprises me", except he is the worlds worst liar, so cant hide anything from me and i usually find out from his boss before him that he will be back early! Atleast i dont have to worry about cleaning the house in a mad rush now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now