Talk

Advanced search

So just how long should I be allowing to clean my own quarter.....

(21 Posts)
VanillaPumpkin Fri 25-Jul-08 12:43:09

to march out standard???
We have someone booked to do the oven and have booked MHS to reseal the bath therefore solving the mould issue grin.
Carpets due replacing so don't need to be cleaned.......
But be honest with me,. how many days and evenings will it take???

TinkyPixie Fri 25-Jul-08 13:46:32

VP - will we be charged for the mouldy bath sealant? how did you persuade MHS to change it - did you have a leak?
I've just finished a satisfying time cleaning the bathroom grout with bleach and toothbrush! I have realised though that the cleaning may take longer than i expectedsad...

VanillaPumpkin Fri 25-Jul-08 14:24:15

Well, I just rang and asked MHS for my bath to be resealed shock. Said it was mouldy and deteriorating and that I couldn't clean it. They booked me an appt without further question. I have tried cleaning it with the special mould and mildew stuff and a toothbrush etc but it wouldn't shift because as you say the sealant is mouldy.
I don't know if we get charged for that on march out. I can't get my march out pre move thing until the 7th Aug though and will only have 2 weeks so I wasn't taking any chances. Hopefully they will say on the 7th it doesn't matter and I can cancel the appt (which is after the move out appt but before our march out. Can you follow that??)
Don't worry. I am sure it is wear and tear, but really don't want to be charged....

TinkyPixie Fri 25-Jul-08 14:52:20

Hmmm, we have our pre march out on monday so we'll see what they say. thankfully we then have a whole month before we move so plenty of time to get things sorted...useful to know MHS agreed so easily. Thanks.
DH is at home for the pre march out while i'm at work - can't tell if this is a good thing or not?? hmm

VanillaPumpkin Fri 25-Jul-08 15:55:11

Oh yes, tell me what they say on your pre-march out!

sunnytimes Fri 25-Jul-08 18:27:30

Message withdrawn

VanillaPumpkin Fri 25-Jul-08 18:51:59

Oh yes! I will always use cleaners if I am getting disturbance but this is a voluntary move for us to have a bigger quarter round the corner, so no disturbance, so no cleaners!
I have set aside a whole weekend (on my own, or DH's own...as one of us will have the children) and we will have a week of evenings too. But we have the garden to do as well which will take DH one of the evenings (it is not too bad, just grass and strimming).

sunnytimes Fri 25-Jul-08 19:00:10

Message withdrawn

herbietea Fri 25-Jul-08 19:02:48

Message withdrawn

sunnytimes Fri 25-Jul-08 19:06:54

Message withdrawn

herbietea Fri 25-Jul-08 19:10:40

Message withdrawn

sunnytimes Fri 25-Jul-08 19:22:41

Message withdrawn

VanillaPumpkin Fri 25-Jul-08 19:30:49

I am in shock too!
Perhaps I will take that approach for the next quarter....but probably not grin.
It will not be taking us three hours sadly...

twoplusone Sat 26-Jul-08 10:33:21

VP- I have set my self a weekend to do mine, I am starting to do little bits daily, as uch as i can looking after the children by myself....

VanillaPumpkin Sat 26-Jul-08 12:48:16

Yes, I keep thinking if I do the grouting now and clean out the window frames, and then I think.....nah, do it all at once grin

TinkyPixie Mon 28-Jul-08 18:49:57

VP, we had the pre-march out today and the advice from the man was to report the manky bath sealant to MHS. ours is only slightly stained with mould but even so he said they should replace it.
everything else was fine but DH thinks this may have been because he was distracted by our tomato plants! wink

Berryred Mon 28-Jul-08 19:46:22

excellent tp, glad the pre-march out went well grin

VanillaPumpkin Tue 29-Jul-08 08:35:30

grin. Great news TP. Can you leave the tomato plants as a bribe???

TinkyPixie Thu 31-Jul-08 20:19:04

Hi VP

isn't it funny how men trickle info in small pieces rather than telling us everything all at once?
DH rang MHS (a few days ago) to report mouldy sealant - they said if it is just mouldy not broken that we would be charged and the man would not do the job - so we have set about it with a knife!
i'm off to france to not think about cleaning for 2 whole weeks - hooray! grin

Gems83 Sat 02-Aug-08 17:17:32

we cleaned our own quarter apart from the oven and it took about two days without DC's and we passed our march out!!! was pleased to have saved the money from not paying the cleaners!!!

VanillaPumpkin Sun 03-Aug-08 17:58:19

Ah, ours is broken too, but I will make sure there is no doubt before the man arrives grin. I told the man on the phone to me that it was done when we moved in two years ago and he said oh yes it must need replacing by now then hmm.....

Ours is mouldy in the broken bits iyswim so impossible to clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now