Talk

Advanced search

I heart the armed forces....

(4 Posts)
SmallShips Thu 24-Jul-08 20:26:18

I'd forgotten how much everyone looks out for each other. My deployed DHs VERY busy boss came round my house last night (a ferry journey) and put up my bedroom furniture, it took us till 3am and he was up at 6 for work....

So why do you heart our boys and girls?

nell12 Thu 24-Jul-08 20:28:53

Good grief, that was nice of him! It is nice to hear something good, especially when live married to the armed forces is generally pants.

I got a lovely letter from DH's boss when I had a M/C. That was 13 years ago and the boss in question is an Admiral now. Just goes to show really

kerryk Thu 24-Jul-08 22:50:51

dh had been talking to an officer about my grandad who was a navigator in the beau fighters during ww2. they had got onto the subject of my dad not knowing much about his dads (my grandads) time during the war.

this man then went out and bought a particular book that he knew about which had great pics of the beau's and sent it upto my dh to give to my dad. dh might not see this guy again as he was only visiting dh's camp and he certinly wont ever meet my dad but he went out of his way to get this book for us.

turns out that there is a picture in the book that we think my grandad is in.

SmallShips Fri 25-Jul-08 09:22:04

They're both lovely (except the circumstances of course Nell).

I know you get people like this outside the forces, but they just seem to go above and beyond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now