Talk

Advanced search

MHS telephone no?

(12 Posts)
Romy7 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:03:32

Anyone got it? and anyone know if they deal with wasp's nests? shock

there are about fifty a minute disappearing in and out of the wall right next to my (disabled access) patio door.....

how on earth do you work out where a wasp's nest is inside a cavity wall? could they be, like, anywhere? shock

are mhs going to tell me to get out the yellow pages and sort it myself?

littlelapin Thu 24-Jul-08 09:09:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Thu 24-Jul-08 09:10:24

Romy7 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:12:03

that did make me laugh - i'm thinking 'i thought she was married to the navy? what's she on about?!'

ta vm! get off the phone so i can get through... is this your new quarter or the old one?

littlelapin Thu 24-Jul-08 09:14:46

Romy7 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:17:56

i'm done - next tues pm (if they turn up...)

littlelapin Thu 24-Jul-08 09:19:38

Romy7 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:31:51

oh good - at least they'll give it a go then...

aibu to be more worried about my tomato plants than my children?! blush

the bloke who did our rats before told us we had no chance as next door used to tip their leftovers into piles on the lawn every night... a cultural thing that i didn't really understand and didn't like to ask....

TinkyPixie Thu 24-Jul-08 18:12:24

it sounds as though you're already sorted but yes they do get rid of wasps nests but will only do it urgently if you have a doctors letter to prove you have a wasp sting allergy. we waited 2 weeks but the man was v efficient when he did eventually turn up and the wasps did all die!
i would always be worried about my tomatoes YANBU wink

Romy7 Thu 24-Jul-08 19:29:32

as long as they come before my toms are ripe then wink

Berryred Thu 24-Jul-08 20:05:18

I had to call them out a couple of years ago, and then came within an hour shock lol

turns out it wasn't bees (which I thought it was) it was masonry bees which don't have stings! big yellow sacky things on there legs! they were coming up from holes in the ground and made my stomache turn, but the following year they didn't bother me lol

they didn't come this year now I think about it

Romy7 Fri 25-Jul-08 12:02:07

well, dh swears they are wasps... and three days ago ds1 got a european hornet in his bug box after dh tried to drown it when watering the plants... hmm so i'd rather get someone who knows what they are looking at to sort it out if nec!
dh is stroppy anyway because the hole they are all getting in and out of is the one left behind by the workmen who did the disabled adaptations... so in his eyes an unfinished job lol...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now