Talk

Advanced search

"Adequate" is not a good thing.....right?

(10 Posts)
Scootergrrrl Wed 23-Jul-08 15:12:13

DH has just marched into our new quarter and has rung me with the lowdown. He said it was "adequate". That means crap in boyspeak, doesn't it?
He did say the kitchen had lots of cupboards and there was a nice garage grin

nell12 Wed 23-Jul-08 18:08:13

Adquate could mean "I'm hedging my bets because I don't want to say it is brill and my wife to think the opposite and then I am in trouble" grin

Scootergrrrl Wed 23-Jul-08 18:11:23

He is the world's biggest pessimist.... (Scooter hopes that it's not ANPTHER crappy army house!)

nell12 Wed 23-Jul-08 18:14:37

Lots of kitchen cupboards cant be too bad... and if all else fails dh can move in to the garage!
When do you move in?

Scootergrrrl Wed 23-Jul-08 18:22:41

Next Wednesday - I hate this bit of waiting to go and then the not knowing where anything is at the other end..........

nell12 Wed 23-Jul-08 18:24:24

Its pants isnt it... can you get dh to send you some photos?

Scootergrrrl Wed 23-Jul-08 18:47:39

I'm not sure he'd dare grin Me and the children are going up on Sunday to stay with some friends nearby so I can go and have a look then - same old magnolia walls, not enough plugs and 1970s kitchen and bathroom.
Hey, I think I'll start a thread about what do you hate most about army housing for fun.... see you over there smile

Berryred Wed 23-Jul-08 19:42:00

I'm going to be having avacardo green kitchen cupboards omg this is the bit I'm dreading the most!!

Scootergrrrl Wed 23-Jul-08 19:43:21

Our kitchen here has four different styles of cupboard in a room no more than 7ft square.... Just replace the damned kitchen all at once!! Now, what goes with green.... grin?

Berryred Wed 23-Jul-08 21:37:15

sad blurgh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now