Talk

Advanced search

Would you pat me gently on the shoulder and say soothing words please?

(9 Posts)
Sidge Fri 18-Jul-08 16:13:51

I am very tired.

I have a raging sore throat and headache.

And I miss my husband sad

Thank you.

sagitta Fri 18-Jul-08 16:26:47

here's a pat from me. I'm sorry you are miserable. I'm afraid I've run out of soothing words having used them all on my permanently screaming 2 month old baby.
smile

Scootergrrrl Fri 18-Jul-08 18:43:52

Pat from me too - and a small glass of wine. Is it many sleeps until he's back?

FourArms Fri 18-Jul-08 18:51:34

{{{{ pat }}}}

Take all the painkillers you can - piggyback ibupofen and paracetamol. Gargle asprin too - great for sore throats. Take one of those big pink ibuprofen (if your DH has had some from the doc's) just before you go to bed and it will knock you out really well.

How long until he's back?

Sidge Fri 18-Jul-08 19:38:55

Only a month until he's back but when you're knackered it seems like forever!

Thank you for the pats and soothing words, I feel a bit better now smile

Scootergrrrl Fri 18-Jul-08 19:40:29

It is really hard when you feel poorly and they're away. Do you have stuff planned for the weekend?

VanillaPumpkin Fri 18-Jul-08 21:24:15

AW sad
<pat pat>

kerryk Fri 18-Jul-08 22:39:23

if i feel like this i bung the kids in my bed and take up juice and cereal bars for the morning.

when they wake up i feed/water them then try and get them to play in my room while i have a longer lie.

bribe them with ds, game boy, dvd payer etc.

its great now they are a bit older because i can trust them to come downstairs if i feel really crap and watch the tv, dd1 even sorts brekkie out for them blush

twoplusone Mon 21-Jul-08 14:10:41

Sidge- Hope you are feeling better it is horrible isnt it..

I have 4weeks and 1 day till hubby is home and I am dreading the next 4weeks.. as it si school hls........ hopefully will fly by..

A Pat from me hunxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now