Talk

Advanced search

Would you move?

(42 Posts)
VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 14:04:47

Bearing in mind the hassle of moving, changing addresses, march out etc etc would you move from a perfectly nice OR quarter (that is having long fought for new carpet and curtains fitted soon) to a bigger but older and shabbier Officers quarter??
Our current garden is on a slope and overlooked by six other gardens. The other house has a bigger flatter garden overlooked by two.
It will be a little bit cheaper.
The physical moving won't cost us more than pizza and beer as DH has a course of trainee PTI's at the ready (I am tempted for that reason alone grin).
We have no idea how much longer we will be here, and have been here over two years already.
We will obviously have to clean here ourselves and pay for the oven to be sorted.
So would you?
Dh says yes. I am undecided as it is me who most of the moving hassles will fall too (ie address/insurance changes, sorting Sky, broadband cleaning etc etc)
The children are 5 and 3 and I am a SAHM so would love the extra space and garden....

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 14:07:57

Answering from a non forces sweetheart POV - yes, it sounds great grin

envy at the tainee PTI's at the ready - not sure what PTIs are but I know I'd like them

Notyummy Wed 09-Jul-08 14:09:13

I'd probably do it.

But only if the PTI's stripped to the waist grin

In all seriousness,I probably would do it despite the hassles.

VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 14:21:35

Hee hee. Shall I plan any possible move for a very hot day to boost the stripping off potential grin? They are so young though sad. There is a lovely one here at the moment who I watch see at the gym, but I have just learnt he is only 18 and now I feel like a perv being 31 shock.
MamaG - PTI is a Physical Training Instructor. You would most probably like them. I am married to one, so I do.

I am tempted. It is probably worth applying for. The quarters might already be allocated for all we know.....

Berryred Wed 09-Jul-08 15:03:21

Each camp apart from this one I have done a self move from a 3 to 4 bed grin they didn't let me have on here grrrr

I would DO IT hehe

Scootergrrrl Wed 09-Jul-08 15:11:14

If you're only going to be there a few months, then it's not worth the hassle, IMO, but if there's a chance it could be longer, then go for it. Is it any nearer/further away from schools, shops etc?

Oh, and please can I come and watch if you do grin?

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 15:17:07

Vanilla you sound like a woman after my own heart grin <<prays lapin and shoshe don't see the thread>>

McDreamy Wed 09-Jul-08 15:20:23

Hmmm if you been there 2 years already are you really going to be there much longer? Difficult one but I think if you decide to do it we should have a mumsnet meet up at yours on the day of the move grin

Shoshe Wed 09-Jul-08 15:30:03

I saw it MamaG

VP, i would we have been in this quarter 8 years waiting to move into a refurb, with the possiblity of it only being for acouple of yeasr, but cant wait, we are tho getting full disturbance as we have to move.

kerryk Wed 09-Jul-08 16:04:34

i am married to a pti as well, a very lovely one grin

he is posted away just now so when we go and stay with him there are another 7 pti's on his landing grin its a tough old life!!!

hf128219 Wed 09-Jul-08 18:23:43

Go for it! You are used to moving/hassle etc - and you will be very happy when you get into the new house grin

No to mention all those PTI's wink

SammyC Wed 09-Jul-08 18:25:55

I would say move, do you know how long you will be at the posting? guess it is the million dollar question and is it worth the hassle for the length of time?

littlelapin Wed 09-Jul-08 18:27:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SammyC Wed 09-Jul-08 18:35:52

I didnt mention PTI's as got blocked sinus' plus headache so not fully functioning! on a brighter day would be offering my services to assist with your move ha ha ha

VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 18:43:18

grin
Lol esp at Kerryk and her landing full of Pti's. (Is your DH Army? PTI's are great aren't they?)
The highlights of my year so far have been the PTI BBQ on a hot day involving a game of softball and the PTI grad and post grad party.
Desperate Housewife, moi????? wink

We have no idea how long we will be here. I think that is my sticking point. The new system seems to mean that RAF OR don't move unless they ask. We have asked for one location but would stay here rather than move for the sake of it. There are also about 7 PTI's who have been here longer than us and no sign of them moving any time soon.

Anyway DH has arrived home and announced he has applied for two quarters that are currently empty. Oh and applied for Cyprus grin.
He also told me the trainees might be too busy to help shock, so I said it was a no go-er without them wink.
I do need a move to make me sort out our garage. I think it is unlikely though as there have been a lot of moves since they opened all the officers quarters up for OR applications so they are probably allocated already.
The house number one is on our patch. We can see it from our house. The house number two is round the corner, off camp but on a quiet road and backing onto it. I would be happy with either tbh.
Oh well a bit of excitement in my life anyway.

SammyC Wed 09-Jul-08 18:45:40

LOL at no go-er if no PTI's ha ha !

SammyC Wed 09-Jul-08 18:45:47

LOL at no go-er if no PTI's ha ha !

VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 18:56:48

I was very tempted to be serious on that aspect grin.

sunnytimes Wed 09-Jul-08 18:58:41

Message withdrawn

VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 19:01:26

It is only a few pounds cheaper really, but still cheaper.

littlelapin Wed 09-Jul-08 19:04:17

VanillaPumpkin Wed 09-Jul-08 19:08:12

Lapin, have you still no address shock. That is awful. And your DH OOA!!! They are taking the mickey angry.

littlelapin Wed 09-Jul-08 19:14:53

kerryk Wed 09-Jul-08 19:28:57

yes my hubby is army. only prob last time i stayed with him is one of the male pti's had his g/f pti staying with him as well. she kind of stole my thunder a bit prancing around with her long toned legs in her tiny little shorts bitch

alibaabaa Wed 09-Jul-08 21:03:00

Evening Vanilla - just being nosey - where you based, my chap PTI at Grantown on Spey!!! Are you at Cosford?
They love their mirrors, but they aren't all bad are they LOL!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now