Talk

Advanced search

Thrift shop.....

(8 Posts)
JammyK Tue 08-Jul-08 13:49:26

Another quick question from me as you are all so helpful grin

I have never used the thrift shop before. Do I just give them the items that I want to sell and they'll sell them for me? DO I price them? Is there any charge? Is there a limit on how many items you can take to sell as I am having a BIG clearout at the moment.

Thanks in advance ladies. X

Notyummy Tue 08-Jul-08 13:57:13

Jammy

All thrift shops willbe different. At ours you just hand them over and they label them up for you, but it may differ. Most have a limit about the amount they will accept at once, as they are run by volunteers and cannot cope with house clearances grin

sunnytimes Tue 08-Jul-08 15:20:29

Message withdrawn

JammyK Tue 08-Jul-08 18:51:34

Do thrift shops tend to price quite reasonably?

sunnytimes Tue 08-Jul-08 18:58:34

Message withdrawn

kerryk Tue 08-Jul-08 19:13:46

i am like that sunnytimes, it has all gone now though except for the things that i could never part with. we had 14 suitcases and 10 black bags up the attic so i had to have a clearout (plus my parents wanted there suitcases back). i did shed a few tears, i could remember them wearing every outfit sad

sunnylabsmum Tue 08-Jul-08 19:17:06

agree with sunny about weird pricing but can get the odd Boden bargain in thrift shops which is rather nice. I got 26 euros back for my last carrier which was a huge bonus and much easier than ebay although I guess some stuff went cheaper than ebay.

Ours has a max of 12 items per week and is stopping taking in during school hols and only accepting charity bags

twoplusone Wed 09-Jul-08 20:20:27

All the thrift shops I have used take a max of 10 items per time.. and they usually take about 20percent for charity..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now