Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been allocated a quarter early?

(25 Posts)
McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 08:54:50

We have a posting notice to Halton in Dec but I would like to move with DCs in Oct/Nov half term. If I wait until to Dec I will be about 32 weeks, very close to not being allowed to fly. Also I think DD starting school in the second half of the winter term will be a nice time to join a school. Very exciting with all the Christmas preparations and parties etc. If we go home in Dec it will be move to new home, Xmas and then new baby shock

Also DH's replacement is coming out in Nov to allow for a substantial handover and he is entitled to our house (tied quarter) which means i could be living in a contact flat for over a month sad

How accommodating do you think DHE might be?Have you ever suceeded getting a quarter early?

hf128219 Fri 20-Jun-08 08:56:26

McDreamy - meant to say congrats to you grin!

littlelapin Fri 20-Jun-08 08:57:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 08:57:48

Thank you, I am still feeling very proud of myself (in between the bouts of nausea) grin

herbietea Fri 20-Jun-08 08:58:07

Message withdrawn

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 08:59:17

Probably herbietea - he got me pregnant ( we are married btw) grin

herbietea Fri 20-Jun-08 09:01:51

Message withdrawn

Shoshe Fri 20-Jun-08 09:12:27

Congratulations Mcdreamy grin

We have been given quarters early before purely on getting DS into school for September.

Romy7 Fri 20-Jun-08 09:51:46

herbie - you did well - our house was adapted a year after we moved in(!) despite the OT report being done two months before we marched in.

on the OP - yes, we did it coming back from o'seas for the same reason - although I wasn't married to the doc, so had to make my own phone calls to DHE. wasn't a problem.

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 09:53:47

Thanks I will go and talk to our housing office next week smile I am so excited about coming back to the UK, especially today as it's sooooooooo hot here and I feel so sick sad sympathy please grin

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 09:53:48

Thanks I will go and talk to our housing office next week smile I am so excited about coming back to the UK, especially today as it's sooooooooo hot here and I feel so sick sad sympathy please grin

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 09:53:49

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 09:54:26

Whoops not sure why that happened!

hf128219 Fri 20-Jun-08 09:55:58

Go to the Columbia Beach Hotel and have a nice cool drink/cup of tea - indoors!

nocluemum Fri 20-Jun-08 11:10:24

We have a huge amount of leave (over 2 months) when we leave our posting overseas and they are giving us a quarter as soon as we get back - have heard stories though of people being given quarters at opp ends of country as they dont "have"to give you a quarter at your new base but do have to give you housing. good luck

VanillaPumpkin Fri 20-Jun-08 16:04:44

McDreamy, you sly old thing! CONGRATULATIONS! What lovely news smile

But aren't you going to Wycombe now???? Confused.

Anyway I think you will be able to get it sorted (a) because of the pregnacy and (b) because you are returning from overseas and you will get priority.
You cannot live in the contact flat for a month. That is absurd. The replacement should be in the mess for the hand over imo, returning to accompany his family.
(Although dh left me with a four month old when we went to Cyprus and I had to get us to Brize and over there myself a month later hmm. He was so excited to see us and I just burst into tears when we got to the bungalow I had been so stressed by it all sad.)

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 16:45:58

Was Halton then Wycombe and since yesterday back to Halton again - you're confused hmm grin

McDreamy Fri 20-Jun-08 16:46:36

Very early baby days though VP, only 5 weeks but very excited grin

VanillaPumpkin Sat 21-Jun-08 16:30:28

Yes, very exciting!
So Halton again. Still a nice area I believe. A load of brand new PTI's have just gone there from my dh's course grin.

twoplusone Sun 22-Jun-08 08:09:46

Congratulations Mcdreamy... thats great news..

McDreamy Sun 22-Jun-08 08:14:22

Ooooh brand new PTI's grin and me all hormonal grin

VanillaPumpkin Sun 22-Jun-08 11:24:21

They are cute wink, but very young shock...

Berryred Thu 10-Jul-08 13:15:57

bumping!

I'm moving in August to Cranwell, where as hubby not there until Ocotber, been a PITA took dhe soooooo long to sort out! I have my son at school and dd starting in Sept and I had to really explain that I didn't want her to start for a month then move on, you would think they would understand angry, but after lots of phone calls at least 2 times a week grin they have given us a house probably to get rid off me hehe

any more info on success of your move?

McDreamy Thu 10-Jul-08 14:07:52

Not yet, we have submitted the paperwork and are waiting for their reply. We'll give them a couple of days and then start chasing it. Glad you got your quarter in the end smile

Broley Fri 25-Jul-08 11:05:03

Hi, My OH is posted to Halton the end of September. We applied for a quarter just under 3 weeks ago. We have now been allocated an address - which will be available the middle of August onwards. I wanted to move ahead of him so I could get my 3 children in school at the start of term. I'm not sure if having a 14yr old helped me out or not - exams and all that???

Hope you get an answer soon - if you've not got one already. The waiting is awful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now