Talk

Advanced search

calling mcdreamy

(13 Posts)
sugababe2 Wed 18-Jun-08 23:47:30

hey there hows it going, any more news about the move, i wasn't around unfortunately when u were over(did u come over) as i had a family emergency, let me know how things are panning out and if you have your quarter yet xxx

McDreamy Thu 19-Jun-08 16:33:14

Hi sugababe! Well things have moved on a bit. First
on our way to the airport we got a phonecall to say we weren't being posted until Nov and it would be High Wycombe. So i cancelled my visit.

Today, however we've received a posting notice to Halton (DH might have to commute to High Wycombe or his post might stay at Halton but we are living at Halton) but the date is December. I am trying to decide whether it would be better if the children and I moved back to the UK in the Oct half term and get sorted at Halton or if we should just move back in the middle of Dec.

We need to contact Halton and see if they will give us a quarter early. How are you settling in?

sugababe2 Mon 23-Jun-08 19:27:50

we r settling in great ds loves new school, just getting ready for dh going to the falkland islands in a weeks time, how on earth u r coping with the situation i dont know, that would do my head in.

McDreamy Wed 25-Jun-08 07:03:17

We've put our housing request in today (we have asked for a quarter 6/52 early - if we don't ask.......) we'll see what they have to say. I think I am going to come back and settle into the UK as soon as they let me and let DH sort out this end. Have just found out that we are expecting no.3 in Feb too so even more reason to get our lives sorted asap!!!!!!

Glad to hear yo are settling in. I am sure I will be picking your brain for local info soon smile Is Halton friendly? Have you made many friends?

sugababe2 Thu 03-Jul-08 22:45:53

congratulations on number 3, my dh was wondering what trade your dh is, its a lovely area lots to do, there are a few lovely people on my street but to be honest half of them work that many hours or are away alot u dont really c them, keep me up to date with things so when u come over the kettle will be on for u xxx

McDreamy Sat 05-Jul-08 17:47:42

Aw that's really nice of you! We're hoping to call Halton this week and find out if we might have any news of a quarter. I will let you know smile

Alambil Sun 06-Jul-08 13:21:10

Let us know when you arrive, McD - I'm 20 mins from Halton and there's a few MNers dotted round here if you want some new friends

McDreamy Sun 06-Jul-08 17:25:04

Great, I can't wait grin

sugababe2 Fri 11-Jul-08 20:54:02

hey lewisfan, where abouts are u, i am obviously at halton, it would be great to make some mners xx

McDreamy Mon 14-Jul-08 17:38:18

We are moving back in Oct half term. What school did your DS go to in the end? Halton Combined is full at the moment sad Are there any schools to avoid?

sugababe2 Wed 16-Jul-08 21:01:18

i got my ds into weston turville school, its fantastic, i cant help about which schools to avoid as i tried halton first and then weston turville, to be honest in some ways i am glad my son isnt going to halton as i have heard some bad reports from friends about the school,xx

McDreamy Thu 17-Jul-08 18:12:10

Oh no, have now been offered a space for her there!

MouseMate Fri 18-Jul-08 05:20:08

Hello McDreamy - so I get to Cyprus only to find out you are moving!

Congrats on number 3 - I'm already working on my DH for number 2 now we are in our lovely house and he can see how much less stressed I am working here.

Discovered Lady's Mile beach last weekend - how lovely - much nicer than Korion (sp?). So, any reccommendations for nice places to eat (with a 3 yr old in tow) or visit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now