Talk

Advanced search

SALTIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!SALTIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
kerrykatona Tue 28-Aug-07 17:10:42

was wondering if you could help me out with something seeing as how you are a childminder.

i have been going to start the process for about 2 years now but keep on getting put of because of all the paperwork blush

i have finally decided to get on with it and dh decides that he would like to take up a posting in south england/maybe wales next year.

so my question is if i was to register in scotland would i have to go through the whole process again if we were to be posted nexr year.

saltire Tue 28-Aug-07 17:19:03

Oh Yes. Believe me , at this moment in time it's better to wait. However, since I have made it my mission in life to get the governemnt to alter the rules (especially for service wives) then maybe by the time you move it will be different.

What has happened with me - and I'm not saying that everyhwere is the same, but most of them probably are, is this
I went on a "pre-enrollemnt"course in July. My next course is 20th october, then 2 more at fortnightly intervals. At the last of these I will be given my CM1 and CM2 forms - which are the ones needed by OFSTED to start the registration process. 12 weeks after that I shall hopefully be registered, which makes it, by my calculation Jan/Feb 2008shock.
I have been given crap advice by OFSTED, lied to by the NCMA and also given crap advice by the CIS lot for Hampshire.

I am currently writing to my MP, along with copies being sent to the Defence Secretary and Alex Salmond - because if they can make it easy for someone moving from England to Scotland then it can be done vice versa. DH thinks I should ask my solicitor to purseu a "racial discrimination" case against them.
Sorry for the rant, but It's causing us financial hardship, me not being able to do the job I am qualified to do, and I'm suffering through no fault of my own, because of my DH's job.angry

Shoshable Tue 28-Aug-07 17:24:10

And if you go from England to Wales you need to register ith the Welsh board as well, alot from here have gone to HaverfordWest and had to go through it all.

saltire Tue 28-Aug-07 17:25:48

I went off on one a bit there didn't I? A simple yes or no would have doneblush

Shoshable Tue 28-Aug-07 17:29:38

No you were dead right Saltire, It is about time somebody did something about it.

And while thay are at it, they need to look at he way CRBs are done, but that is another threead I just might start.

saltire Tue 28-Aug-07 17:38:13

DH thinks that I should tell The Sunhmm.

I have just come off the phone to the Care Commission woman who was my inspector in Scotland, and she has confirmed that there is system in place within the care commission to make it easier for those who have moved from England/wales into Scotland to register.

If I had moved from say Cumbria down here I wouldn't have had this problem would I?

kerrykatona Tue 28-Aug-07 18:49:25

thanks for that saltire, it really does help.

i did wonder if i should just go ahead and do it anyway but if its going to cause me so much hassle if we move i might just wait a while.

what a nightmare for you though!!!! i am a nursery nurse just now so will have that to fall back on if we do move but i like the idea of childminding and it would fit in better with my planned dc3, i just need to convince dh first grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now