Talk

Advanced search

MY MOTHER JUST PULLED SUCH A STUNT

(13 Posts)
NoMoreGuiltTrips Sat 25-Aug-07 21:23:01

DH has just gone to Iraq, (second Op tour in 2007) we're in Herford, and as my dcs are 3, 2 and 4 months, I went home for the first 3 weeks, and just before we were due to get on the ferry back, my mother (who had promised me she would come with me to help) announced she wasn't coming....... Am very proud of myself for coping with 3 tiny children on an overnight ferry and the long drive at both ends, but would quite like to throttle darling mummy!!!!! My stepfather said 'you have to make allowances for her.....' [hmmmmmm]

WendyWeber Sat 25-Aug-07 21:27:40

What ferry? Where is home? (Sympathy though, I'm sure you'll cope just fine but that is a mean trick hmm)

BandofMothers Sat 25-Aug-07 21:30:32

Why do you have to make allowances????
If she made an arrangement with you it is really bad to pull out at the last minute, and so rude toohmm

BandofMothers Sat 25-Aug-07 21:31:24

Especially if she actually promised.
I would be extremely hurt and angry if my mum did that to me.

1dilemma Sat 25-Aug-07 21:32:42

|Sorry she did that well done for getting everyone home you deserve a nice rest and a chocolate biscuit. Hope dh gets back soon

NoMoreGuiltTrips Sat 25-Aug-07 21:41:34

It was the rotterdam/Hull ferry. Thanks for your support guys - I love being in Herford, but none of the others are back from their summer holidays yet, so I feel a bit alone, so nice to be able to vent here!!! The worst bit was trying to get the two boys (3 and 2) out of the car to the cabin when they park you so close to the other cars, and then get the baby seat out and carry the suitcase too. Looing back on it now I can't quite beleive I have done it. Couldn't bring myself to ring her to say I got back OK - got DS1 to do it.... a bit childish!!!

BandofMothers Sat 25-Aug-07 21:43:19

I probably wouldn't have done it at all, so well done for that.

WendyWeber Sat 25-Aug-07 21:46:23

I definitely couldn't have done it (and my kids were all at least 3 years apart!) so you are a star, esp with the car ferry stuff - well done smile

NoMoreGuiltTrips Sat 25-Aug-07 21:48:51

Thank you blush - need a stiff drink or 7 now!!!!

Eildiina Sun 26-Aug-07 09:14:19

Well done to you.

I had to talk my sister in to coming on holiday with me as I did not think I would cope without an adult to talk to.

samandtomsmum Sun 26-Aug-07 11:36:22

well done for you for coping so well on the ferry and making allowances?smile

glucose Sun 26-Aug-07 11:55:57

Well done,to you and your dcs, who must be very well behaved. I hope it's better bank holiday weather in Herford, and that you have some nice friends there to have a brew with. I am so sorry that this is the second tour you have had this year, thinking of you

NoMoreGuiltTrips Sun 26-Aug-07 19:30:07

Bless you Glucose. sometimes it feels a bit teary - iykwim

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: