Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DE/DHE charging

(7 Posts)
saltire Mon 06-Aug-07 16:17:55

We have always had a barracks stores chairs and table, every MQ we have lived in.
I have always used one of those washable cover things - because I have two DSes who made a mess and I CM. Anyway the barrack warden at our old place is chargin us £49.64, plus VAT and plus something called DE's (23%). He says it had been "scratched as though cleaned with wire wool or a scourer". I didn't do this, however because we left beofre the march out it's my word against his. I don't want to pay this and want to challenge it. Can I do this? The table wasn't in great nick when we got it, although he claims it was

saltire Mon 06-Aug-07 17:21:13

bump

saltire Tue 07-Aug-07 10:24:51

No one?

Oh well it was worth a try

Scootergrrrl Tue 07-Aug-07 18:56:05

Try disputing it. Nine times out of ten, they just give up. There is a dispute procedure afaik. Don't let the jumped-up little toadget you down

pipsqueeke Tue 07-Aug-07 18:59:36

you can but iirc basically it should have been noted on your march in the correct condition of the ietms. but yes if you have a git then they will charge you. who did your march out? was it by proxi? remeber to note every little detail down for your next qtr.

DH doens't seem to think you can do anything thou

and I know they do charge you extra for 'paper work' we were in our last qtr £30 odd pound or something for the garden and £6 extra for them

pipsqueeke Tue 07-Aug-07 19:00:22

also our charge came directly form DH's wages. are you insured? (sods law thou our insurance for the qtr has a £50 excess on it) for 'tennants liability' apparently.

saltire Wed 08-Aug-07 10:58:16

What's worrying me though is that we had a bit of a dispute with the cleaners (result being that we are being charged another £159 by DHE for replacing a carpet that she couldn't clean). When I called the cleaner to question her about the dispute, she kept saying over and over again "we didn't touch your barrack stores table, we didn't clean your barrack stores furniture". now I never mentioned the table to her, but she obviously knew there was something wrong with it. I'm just wondering if one of her cleaners has touched it - whether on purpose or accident - and thats why the table looks like it has been cleaned with a scourer.

As for the condition of the furniture when we marched in, we were in cambs at the time and it was a proxy march in, almost 3 weeks before we moved. The table was in a crap condition, but I can't find the paperwork!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now