Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DHE/MHS - will they put my washing whirly in the ground properly for me??

(8 Posts)
ForcesSweetheart Wed 20-Jun-07 13:42:49

Probably sounds like a really daft question, but is that something they do? DH is in the sandpit, and while I was holiday last week my lovely neighbours cut my grass for me. This involved removing my whirly and now I can't find a way to put it back in the ground securely (I tried just shoving it in as hard as I could but it has just toppled with all my washin on). I know must sound like a complete ditz, but any advice appreciated.

Scootergrrrl Wed 20-Jun-07 13:48:59

I don't know that MHS will be any help - they're aren't usually! Can't you ask the neghbours to shove it back in?

saltire Wed 20-Jun-07 13:55:43

Just call them up and say it's broken and can you have a new one

WigWamBam Wed 20-Jun-07 13:56:58

Does it not have it's own hole, with a plastic tube liner? Rotary lines usually do.

Skyler Wed 20-Jun-07 13:58:37

There should be a hole with a plastic inner like WWB says. It needs to go quite deep. Good Luck. It must be there somewhere.

iesha Wed 20-Jun-07 14:46:47

They might do it for oyu but you might have towait quite a while as it not an emergency. It took over a wekk for them to change the light in the kitchen for me, and over a year for them to fix the back door- but that's another story altogether! Give them a call and see what they say.

ForcesSweetheart Wed 20-Jun-07 17:58:14

Scooter - the neighbours couldn't find it, so had just stuck it into the soil.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. From what you'd said I figured there must already be something buried somewhere to slot it into so I texted DH and asked if he had any advice on finding it. He helpfully texted back pretty exact co-ordinates for where to find the support tube thingy buried in the ground, and the slight angle to insert it at, and there it was, and in it went! Panic over. Times like this I love my DH's propensity to go into lots of complicated detail (from what I can see that may be a REME thing).

It was filled with muddy rainwater which squirted out all over me when I thrust it in (ooh that sounds rude, all this time without DH must be getting to me) but at least I can now wash these clothes.

Rubybees Fri 29-Jun-07 20:38:47

lol my whiry got shoved in the back of the garage when we moved in and I put up a line it was soooo old
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now