Talk

Advanced search

MN's Living on Camp at Wattisham Airfield?

(4 Posts)
luciemule Thu 14-Jun-07 22:51:59

Hi - moving onto Wattisham Airfield camp in August and wondered whether there are any mumsnetters living on camp?

I think it's the first quarter we've been to (6th house in 6 years) where I won't know a soul!

We know the area quite well as we lived in Bury St Edmunds as DH was posted there before we were married and living in sin!

Would just be good to 'know'of someone there when I get there. I'm fine once I make new friends but the whole process of it every time we move is getting. Starting new friendships and then having to leave after one or two years is upsetting and I'm quite shy so it takes me a while to be my usual confident self (as I am with my life long friends). Some people are really good at meeting new people and hitting it off within a day or two but I find it hard generally.

Also, will be sending DD to Ringshall primary - does anyone else send their dcs there?

LieselVentouse Fri 15-Jun-07 08:58:14

Is this a new topic?

luciemule Fri 15-Jun-07 10:27:43

How do you mean - new topic?
I posted a similar message in 'meet-ups' and then someone said I should post it here as there was a forces section.

thefatfairy Fri 29-Jun-07 18:44:13

Hi there i live in a wattisham base house. have been in the area for over 4 years. have 1 dd aged 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now