Talk

Advanced search

Army

(3 Posts)
ReluctantArmyMum2017 Mon 03-Apr-17 22:42:57

Realise I'm a latecomer to mumsnet & it's perhaps somewhat strange to seek help when our son is 24! . However, I'd love to hear from any other Mother who is finding having a son/ daughter in the forces difficult. People seem to assume that I feel proud to have a son at Sandhurst who is training to be an army officer but the reality is much more complex than that....

Heebejeebees Tue 04-Apr-17 01:41:02

I don't have a child in the forces, but I rhink it must be scary, heartbreaking and slightly proud?

Bumping for you, sending you some love X

scaryteacher Tue 11-Apr-17 12:34:23

My Mum has a son in the RN. Db is now 48, senior, has had a cracking career, will retire with a good pension, has had two overseas postings with the third to start this year, plus a tour in Afghanistan.

My Dad, husband and father in law were all RN Officers as well. If he is doing what he wants, then be proud of him. He could get injured or killed, but that goes with the job. He could equally get injured or killed whilst not doing his job, as we have seen very recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now