Talk

Advanced search

Being moved to Carterton... please reassure me!

(6 Posts)
HopscotchingElephants Sat 04-Feb-17 15:11:46

I had a quick drive through earlier. I know it's just a house, but I'm a bit gutted. It's all so derelict sad and then I looked at local crime statistics and scared myself over relatively small numbers.

Can anyone reassure me that it's a lovely town? I feel so silly, but because of DH's job I'm going to be on my own a fair bit of the time and just want to feel safe.

HopscotchingElephants Sat 04-Feb-17 15:12:53

I feel so stupid that I even typed that 😂 I think my hormones might be getting the better of me. A better question would be what is it LIKE living in Carterton...

FrogletinaBallerina Sat 04-Feb-17 15:15:39

No help on Carterton sorry apart from I drove through there picking DH up from Brize last year! But have you tried married quarters r us or forcesWAGs on FB?

Good luck smile

littleoldladywho Thu 23-Feb-17 01:14:48

Just seen this. Worked at Brize for a long long time but not lived in MQs there (dh was posted within travelling distance). It's not pretty, I grant you (frankly they should have knocked them all down and rebuilt about thirty years ago) but I think that it's fairly standard as far as everything else goes. Any chance of you renting privately? Once you get out of Carterton it's a lovely place - lots of fabulous pubs and villages. I know a lot of people who live there and they are very happy.

HopscotchingElephants Sat 25-Feb-17 11:18:42

Thank you both for your replies.

As per usual, they're being complete twats about giving us room measurements, or letting us in. I've peeked through the windows and as far as I can see there's only space for ONE appliance in the kitchen. So I can have a washing machine or a fridge 😕 ... and have no idea if it's worth moving my current one as it may not even fit! DH is apparently 'sorting' it and has known for ages and just opted not to tell me.

I'm just so fed up. We move next week and I've as per fucking usual have no idea what's going on.

RifRafia Sat 11-Mar-17 22:13:39

We lived in one of the quarters for 15 months, they look horrendous from outside but inside we were pleasantly surprised! Also had a great community on our road, very friendly. Honestly, it will be fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now