Anyone in Alverstoke

(4 Posts)
bookishmama Tue 26-Jan-16 10:12:00

Dear all,

I'm after some advice from anyone who lives in the Alverstoke area of Gosport.

We will be moving to the area in the near future and would greatly appreciate any information anyone is willing to share on the area.
We don't know anything about area, and I am bit nervous about the relocating.

We have a child who is currently in year 3 and would welcome any feedback on the reputation of the local schools.

Also are there any areas around the Alverstoke region that should be avoided?
Medical and dental care?
Activities for children? Sport opportunities?
Tuition (music, languages?)
What is the community like?
Shopping convenience?
Commuting to London?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
xxx

MumofStiggy Mon 19-Dec-16 13:34:01

Hello there, just stumbled across this. Have you made your move now? How are you getting on? We moved here from London in August, my parents moved here last year. We have family connections here on both sides. I am a generation ahead of you but I still feel like a youngster here! I would be really interested to hear about how you have settled in. So sad that nobody replied to your original message, I hope you have found kindred spirits now x

iamaswashbuckler Mon 19-Dec-16 13:48:29

Hi, I am just up the road from Alverstoke in Lee in the Solent. Personally I love the area although the traffic can be a pain! The schools in Alverstoke are all good and the secondary school (Bay House) is the best I the area so you should be in catchment for that if you are staying down here that long! Feel free to ask me anything about the area, have lived here almost 20 years now...

iamaswashbuckler Mon 19-Dec-16 13:49:59

Just realised this is an old thread so you are probably already in the area be settled but if you still need any advice, happy to oblige!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now