Talk

Advanced search

DH wants to leave military and join Close Protection.

(4 Posts)
FruitCakey Thu 27-Nov-14 16:06:24

DH has been serving for almost 6 years. By the time he signs off, he will have been serving 6 years so will be entitled to his full resettlement.

He has done 2x tours of Afghanistan. He is still only a private. He is in the infantry. He is only 26. Any advice? Will he be entitled to any grants to help him pay for a close protection course? Any advice/info will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Quitelikely Thu 27-Nov-14 16:09:27

Can't he ask his resettlement officer? They will know everything.

FruitCakey Thu 27-Nov-14 16:15:17

He still isn't sure whether this is something he would like to do now or in 5-10 years time. I don't think he likes to ask for that reason. Realistically, I would, but he just thinks its unnecessary yet.

I am asking more for my own benefit than for his. I need reassurance that things will be ok if he was to persue this. Thank you.

jcscot Sat 29-Nov-14 00:03:51

IIRC, there are relevant courses he could while serving that would stand him in good stead (there's one for advanced protective driving for example) - he could investigate those and get some experience under his belt before leaving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now