Talk

Advanced search

Officer marriage quarters? RAF Halton

(5 Posts)
kezaria Wed 12-Mar-14 11:09:57

Hi my husband is being stationed at RAF Halton in a couple months. He is a captain so me and my toddler son will be living with him in marriage quarters. Its going to be the first time I have lived in military accommodation. Any idea what the houses are like? What will life be like? Im concerned about the bitchiness and nosiness etc. I like to keep myself to myself really. Any advice will be good.

bluehearted Thu 13-Mar-14 18:29:51

Have you tried googling or going on Facebook? There is often a Facebook group for wives and if you post, they will often send you pictures or advice which roads are the best etc.

Hope this helps

kilmuir Thu 27-Mar-14 20:44:57

You will meet some lovely people. I am a private person and never got very involved in officers mess stuff.

Lucy955 Sun 15-Jun-14 15:07:07

I used to live just up the road. Halton is just near wendover which is very nice. Lovely walking. Lost of pretty villages nearby.

HotFudge87 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:24:19

There's a fb page something like RAF housing. Its fab. So many ppl to help you out and give info. Pretty sure Halton will have a wives fb page too. Area is lovely. I went through basic training at Halton and loved being so close to London! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now