Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

finding it tough

(4 Posts)
Pandaeyes86 Thu 16-Jan-14 02:21:00

I'm a submariners gf. We got together straight after his last deployment last year and although I have done index he's now deployed for a long haul.
Although I'm trying to keep busy and occupied finding it tough knowing its still months before we can talk again.........
Any advice welcomed smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 17-Jan-14 09:36:39

Hi ! If you write in a notebook /journal - just little things - how you slipped on your bum and everyone laughed or you left your toast on the sofa and the dog snaffled it - silly everyday stuff with out being too sad ( yes the odd "I'm really missing your today because I couldn't undo the lid of the mayo" type stuff) - when they get back let them read though it - it will do them good to know you weren't sitting at home in tears missing them - that life goes on etc - and it will do you good too - just to have something positive to focus on !

Saltire Thu 23-Jan-14 10:54:33

I have no real advice, sorry as DH is RAF, but it is difficult when you don't see them for months on end, and I found doing something new, even if it was jsut joining a club, or arranging a once a week/fortnight meet up with friends was good, as it stoped me sitting at home moping.

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Feb-14 19:23:38

Hay Panda - how's it going ? Are you keeping busy ?! Hope all is well !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now