Talk

Advanced search

Colchester married quarters

(7 Posts)
simbaandblue Thu 28-Mar-13 13:36:30

Hello ladies

My hubby and I are moving into married quarters in Colchester soon and was just wondering what they are like, places to avoid etc. We have an 8 week old little boy (and 2 cats smile). I know Colchester very well as that is where I was every weekend with him on camp, until we got married (in October) and had our little boy (in February). We have been living in a house I got with my job (a teacher in a boarding school) 45 mins out of Colchester and my DH has been commuting everyday. We have now decided that we want to move into MQ and I might not be going back to work.

Thanks in advance ladies grin

DorsetLass Wed 17-Apr-13 00:00:46

Know about officers quarters - is that any help?

Machli Wed 17-Apr-13 01:08:11

I lived in them as a child for 4 years around 25 years ago. They're probably very different now but I hope someone comes on who knows them now. Would be interested to see what it's like there these days.

simbaandblue Wed 17-Apr-13 13:23:05

Thanks but my husband is a gunner so we won't be in officers quarters. Just been told we have a 3 bed house and moving in 4 weeks! No idea what it's like inside, will only know the day we move in!! Scary x

DorsetLass Thu 18-Apr-13 00:07:09

We really enjoyed Colchester - I think that quite allot of the houses were being done up as we left. Hope your move goes ok, the house is good - and you settle quickly. Good luck! Let me know if you want any advice about local stuff X

MiconiumHappens Thu 18-Apr-13 00:45:15

Local wives (for want of a better description) fb pages can be brilliant, often with lots of pictures of the quarters on. Try searching for colchester military wives or similar.

Collywibbles Sun 21-Apr-13 09:34:41

Colchester Pad Wives and Colchester Garrison Girls are two of the facebook groups. Feel free to PM me your address if you want any photos - I am happy to go and stick a camera through windows ....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: