Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

RAF Odiham

(13 Posts)
Berryred Sat 25-Feb-12 17:42:54

we are on the move again!

PLease tell me nice things about Odiham, we went and had a look at quarters which looked nice, but been told we may be housed at Church Crookham which TBH I would cry!! hope everyone is well?

pimmsgalore Tue 28-Feb-12 14:37:46

if you can't get quartered at Odiham itself (which is lovely and has a great atmosphere) then you could ask to be housed at Bordon (know it is with us army folk but when we were there there were lots of RAF there too).

You are really greatly located in any of the areas for shops, trips to London, etc etc

Yousaidwhattt Thu 01-Mar-12 21:58:33

Odiham houses are awful. Get the Burghfield quarters, some of nicest by far in the forces IMO. They are used as Odiham quarters and they are ex USAF officers houses. So are big, garages etc.

bubblepops Sun 04-Mar-12 14:21:42

thanks TSW we can't get burghfield as hubby if Officer sad

Off to see where bordon is now lol!

pimmsgalore Tue 06-Mar-12 09:00:21

if he is an officer the Bordon quarters are OK, but the older ones cost a fortune to heat I remember when we were there you got an allowance because they were so poorly insulated. They don't look great from the outside but they are big inside as long as you can put up with the dated decor grin

How many DCs do you have? If you have none or only 2 then I would be inclined to ask for old bolley as they have large gardens and although they are only 3 bedrooms they are big inside.

bubblepops Sat 14-Apr-12 09:52:16

They have housed us at Aldershot!

Nothing anywhere, HIC been really helpful but still!!! Not expected at all lol!

forceslover Sun 22-Apr-12 19:20:25

Aldershot isn't great but Guilford is fab and there is a huge M&S in Camberley, lots of great places to visit near by. If in North Camp the school there is good according to a friend. When my eldest was a baby I spent many a wet day in Aldershot town centre as it was under cover.

madwomanintheattic Sun 22-Apr-12 19:32:57

The Borden mq's that I have been in were lovely. (major's quarters). I'd buy one. grin
No idea about the heating costs though.

I refused point blank to live in aldershot. blush

I like north camp, and went a lot (great kid's shoe shop) but we were quarterd on st michael's road in farnborough. The catchment school (cherrywood?) is/ was in special measures, but nfis is/ was an outstanding primary.

Ask about the farnborough quarters. St michael's road is usually half empty as it's really overspill from all sorts of places, or lones (dh was actually on a civil attachment and posted to mod, lol)

The Cove schools are good, as well.

bubblepops Mon 23-Apr-12 10:32:17

it was take a house or no house!

We are going to North Camp part. My kids board so schools not an issue.

it will be fine (so I keep telling myself lol)

madwomanintheattic Mon 23-Apr-12 16:11:43

ask about st michael's road in farnborough. i bet they have availability.

if you aren't posted to aldershot and part of a unit there, it is the very last place i would want to be...

Jemmamonaghan1 Tue 27-Jan-15 14:40:31

Hey smile we're looking at getting married quarters. My husband has just started at odiham. Any advice?

MojaveWanderer123 Thu 12-Feb-15 19:58:36

There are two sets of quarters at Church Crookham actually and I've lived on both. I now live on the set that's near Redfields garden centre and I have a huge house which is pleasing on the eye outside and beautiful inside. Obviously that's no help to you op but to anyone else that is moving to Odiham it's a great place and near to your partners work, the shops & amenities. I come from Surrey anyhow so I know my way around and I just love it here.

Floss2015 Mon 20-Jul-15 08:25:43

@MojaveWanderer123 - just wondering where the quarters are near Redfields? Church crookham is an option for us, and I thought there was only 1 patch? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now