CEA

(9 Posts)
whenIgetto3 Thu 13-Oct-11 19:56:14

CEA will not be changed read here

Good news for once smile

NormaSatansFelcher Thu 13-Oct-11 22:14:26

Good news - don't use it myself.

scaryteacher Sat 15-Oct-11 13:30:45

It will be changed as they have just announced that if you are not already in receipt of CEA, you can't claim it for sixth form. This means that several families in Germany, SHAPE and Brussels are now screwed, (especially with the closure of Windsor school) as our children have no way of getting a continuous sixth form education, due to end of appointment dates. We are due to move back to UK in the first term of Year 13.

I can't move ds at the end of Year 12, and having already done 2 years of dh being here and us being in the far SW of the UK, I don't want to do that again for what would effectively be another 18 months

I think there will be many appeals against this, and they may have to move their goal posts.

whenIgetto3 Sat 15-Oct-11 16:59:01

Sorry scary, we were mainly worried about the rumor that CEA would go for prep school. Didn't realize how much the one change could make to others.

scaryteacher Sat 15-Oct-11 17:53:16

Hence the rant. We will now have to fund 6th form if he gets in (state college with boarding) ourselves.

Those at Windsor are really affected as there is not enough space in the other German SCE schools, and many won't want a huge commute to Brussels everyday, plus, it would save MOD stacks to allow CEA in these cases as opposed to picking up the fees in Brussels.

whenIgetto3 Sat 15-Oct-11 18:15:53

Scary, the ones affected by the Windsor closure may get offered CEA anyhow,I know in the USA if you can prove the education is not available then they will okay it. I am sure there will be some exceptions to the rule written wink

I feel we need to tell AFF/navy/RAF equivalent they have a new campaign on their hands

scaryteacher Sat 15-Oct-11 21:04:12

I already have! My problem is that MOD picks up day fees where we are as a special dispensation (SOFA) in Brussels - so as we already get fees, surely that should convert into CEA which will save them 75% of what they are paying, even when picking up CEA as well.

goinggetstough Sun 16-Oct-11 21:24:40

scary so does that mean your DH would finish his tour at the end of DS's Lower 6th? If so hopefully your appeal will work as in addition to the fees the MOD pay they would also have to allow you to stay in your hiring in Belgium too and that too would add to the overall cost. At the end of the day they can't disadvantage your son....

scaryteacher Sun 16-Oct-11 21:41:56

GGT - have messaged you. Dh would finish his appointment part way through term 1 year 13. I am told that in the current financial crisis they can disadvantage ds, so maybe moving back to UK would be best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now