Advanced search

Travel insurance needed - for "duty" travel

(6 Posts)
Saltire Mon 05-Sep-11 13:52:39

It for DH. he's going awya for a month, for holiday Duty trip. he's covered for the bits where he's doing duty sport, and that's it. he needs one thats going to cover all teh usual - loss of documents,money etc. Also off duty medical cover and recovery back to UK if he's ill,plane delayed, etc etc.
Any suggestions

CompactDisc Mon 05-Sep-11 14:16:28

Hi Saltire,

Here's something under the British Army website, pardon me for thinking that you are in the UK, since your nickname is Saltire! I live under the Saltire as well heheh.

So, here a huge (takes forever to download - i.e. for the page to open it's a PDF document) pamphlet entitled: A guide for the families of mobilised members of the Territorial Army and the Regular Reserve.


Hoping this helps, please don't shoot the messenger and have a great day!

Later CD

scaryteacher Mon 05-Sep-11 20:28:31

We get an annual family travel insurance policy with hazardous sports included from Forces Financial.

swingingcat Mon 05-Sep-11 20:41:15

I think if its a duty, representing HM Forces, then the army cover everything?

Saltire Tue 06-Sep-11 09:59:43

scary don't need an annual thing as it's aone off. he's going to be away for the month. He apparently is covered when he's playing and his kit etc is covered under the RAF but its for medical treatment when he's on downtime (he's actually only going to be playing 4 times in a month, sounds like a holiday to mehmm)

whenIgetto3 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:44:47

Saltire you may want to look at the annual policy as in our experience these are quite often cheaper than the one off confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now