Talk

Advanced search

RAF Wyton

(5 Posts)
whatsallthehullaballoo Sun 21-Aug-11 14:54:49

Has anyone ever lived on the Wyton Estate? I am going there soon and am very distressed at the thought as everyone so far has said it is not very friendly etc.

Help??>!!!

whenIgetto3 Sun 21-Aug-11 19:50:40

My DH worked there 5 years ago, we lived over at Brampton, but I did know people from there. We went over once a week for lunch with him, the coffee shop (if it is still there) is lovely, they have a nice families day each year and the area around there is nice. We would ask to go there again, we still have friends in the area and I think if we did go again we would ask for Wyton itself.

It did however used to have a reputation for being a car keys in the fruit bowl at the end of parties in the past, not sure how true but do know people who would not go to certain peoples houses grin.

What age are your DCs? (if you have them)

The school is lovely was on the up as we left, although if you are looking further afield then Brampton, Abbots Ripton and Hemmingford Grey are all very good (Abbots Ripton may be hard to get into)

whatsallthehullaballoo Sun 21-Aug-11 21:39:03

Thank you for your reply! We were posted at Brampton 4 years ago and it was a lovely camp!! I am glad that your experience of Wyton life seems better. When were you at Brampton??

whenIgetto3 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:51:12

We were there between 04-06 do you know me in RL? Do I know you? or did we pass each other.

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 22-Aug-11 19:49:01

Sounds like you were there when I was!!!! pm me if you wish with your first name?? Maybe we know each other!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now