Talk

Advanced search

19 years ago

(9 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Tue 28-Jun-11 21:18:15

Tomorrow I joined up - where has the time gone?

TalcAndTurnips Tue 28-Jun-11 21:37:06

Many congratulations on your 'anniversary'! Just think - in a year's time, you'll be entering your third decade of service!

Do you think you'll see it through to retirement? My DH has a few years to go yet; he loves his job and the RN so much they'll have to tip him out of the back door in a bath chair. However, I do understand that not everybody is quite so anchor-faced...

MrsSnaplegs Tue 28-Jun-11 21:59:39

Another 7 yrs unless they kick me out before and even then I'll still only be 45 having done 26yrs grin

MrsSnaplegs Tue 28-Jun-11 22:01:27

And to think my DM didn't think I'd make It through basic training grin

TalcAndTurnips Tue 28-Jun-11 22:31:03

45? Why will you have to retire so young?

I'm glad you proved your DM wrong. I have the greatest respect for service women - you do tough job and constantly have to excel as a woman in a predominantly male environment. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lasted so long!

SexyDragonStarlet Tue 28-Jun-11 22:53:08

Wow, that's a pretty special anniversary! Well done you! smile

MrsSnaplegs Tue 28-Jun-11 22:57:33

Well I will have to go then unless my "contract" is extended again I will have to wait and see what happens in next couple of years!
I plan to send my dh out to work then and I will be sahpgrin

TalcAndTurnips Tue 28-Jun-11 23:25:33

Superb forward planning there - you'll take over just at the age when the children get so much easier wink

MrsSnaplegs Wed 29-Jun-11 03:24:57

grin and that's the plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now