Talk

Advanced search

CEA gone?

(10 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 15:20:08

DH listening to news upstairs has said CEA has gone - anything else I've missed?
Having to watch tinypop with DD as she is off school with temp 39+

mylittlepeanut Thu 16-Dec-10 15:41:36

Not sure how to do links but there is an article about CEA on the mod website. HTH

englishmom Thu 16-Dec-10 16:19:52

www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/DefencePoli cyAndBusiness/ChangesToContinuityOfEducationAllowa nceAnnounced.htm

MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 16:30:55

Ok have had a read of that but it doesn't make sense really - if we go to sea having had a child in boarding school say for 4 years then the CEA will be stopped because we cant take our spouse with us?! So said child would probably have to change school if you can't afford to keep them there without CEA but then may be entitled again at the end of that deployment ? Am I being really thick ? It doesn't seem logical!

englishmom Thu 16-Dec-10 16:43:44

Army, so can't help with that one I'm afraid. That said, I would have thought that if you were physically deployed at sea then you would still be entitled as there is no capacity for your spouse to join you!

I think the key thing they are tightening up on is the mobility side of things. DH phoned me about the briefing they received today, the changes come into effect from April 11 but if your current assignment is not eligible under the new regs then you can continue to claim until the end of the assignment (this is good news for us as we are INVOLSEP at the mo). Also they will make a further more indepth review in 2015, my guess is they will tighten it up even further at that stage.

fedupwithdeployment Thu 16-Dec-10 16:49:44

I think that it is saying eg if the serving partner has the following bases

Faslane
MOD
Ship in Portsmouth

If you don't as wife move everytime, you will lose the entitlement to CSA. Previously, if you were Faslane and serving person went to MOD or a ship, you would remain entitled without having to move.

flinginghasflung Thu 16-Dec-10 23:03:26

Unless they dramatically change the posting plot I don't understand how it can be reduced. We move every 18 months to 2 years (RAF). How can they justify abolition on that basis?

flinginghasflung Thu 16-Dec-10 23:06:18

Tbh they are making it harder and harder to justify sacrifice for your country. LOA reducing, CEA reducing, change to pensions...apart from job security, and that's diminishing what's the point?

MummyMyfanwy Fri 17-Dec-10 09:01:35

I always assumed a spouse HAD to accompany the serving member on all postings to qualify for CEA anyway.

So whats new?? Can someone please explain - Am I being super thick??

vintageteacups Fri 17-Dec-10 11:28:20

Army but DH briefed me (we don't want to send our children to private school but he told me anyway).

Basically, they will be tightening up on mobilty so if you've been in one place for more than 2 postings, they'll look into it.

That doesn't mean you'll defo lose it after 2 postings (it's currently 3), just that they will look at the circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now