Talk

Advanced search

Shameless plug - Captain Xander Rawlins new single

(15 Posts)
WingDad Mon 06-Dec-10 01:21:59

Morning ladies (and gents),

Xander Rawlins, an hofficer in the Grenadier Guards is releasing a single on December 13th, proceeds of which will go to various military charities.

Can be found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMW7S5XZOIs

It could be a strong contender against the X Factor for the Christmas No.1, I genuinely really like the song and will definitely be buying, so two birds with one stone really!

Nice video with it too.

loubielou31 Mon 06-Dec-10 22:38:06

Sorry, I completely missread your title as newly single and thought you were trying to get him a girlfriend. grin

weenawoo Tue 07-Dec-10 05:25:12

would love to have a listen, but am in a place where the internet charges far too much per download for youtoube

weenawoo Tue 07-Dec-10 05:25:57

or youtube even....

MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 15:17:10

Just to add saw this guy on BBC breakfast news and he was great so a good excuse to bump this thread!

trockodile Thu 16-Dec-10 15:38:04

Just watched-not bad!

MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 16:32:47

Do you think we can get the full might of MN behind him and get him to no1 for Xmas?

trockodile Thu 16-Dec-10 16:47:31

Probably need to post this somewhere else then!

MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 16:54:03

Well I know we are not supposed to promote/ advertise things and there is also a big anti military contingent on here so it was a genius question - is it worth the flak? Is the power of mumsnet capable of a Xmas no 1?

Avantia Thu 16-Dec-10 16:55:55

It needs posting in Am I being unreasonable ... AIBU to want this to be number 1 single at Christmas ?

Avantia Thu 16-Dec-10 16:57:14

Not so much anti- miltary but anti the war - not the troops fault for fighting polictians wars .

LeonardNimoy Thu 16-Dec-10 21:16:45

God, don't put it on AIBU! Sorry, but there are plenty of anti-military posters on here

MrsSnaplegs Thu 16-Dec-10 21:25:44

that's what I thought about and why I haven't - he just seemed a really nice young man and I really loved the song, I thought the power of MN might help him get to no1 and raise some money for some good causes smile

WingDad Wed 22-Dec-10 01:03:20

Oh gosh, what have I (potentially) done? shock

Didn't know we weren't supposed to advertise on here, but now thinking about it, that's perfectly plausible....Ooops.

Now, if we just keep quiet about this, things shouldn't get out of hand; if we could just slip out through the back door, I'll flick the lights out.

Cheers.

WingDad Wed 22-Dec-10 01:07:35

Oh Christ now I've gone and bumped it onto the active convos.

DON'T LOOK ANYONE, JUST MOVE ON!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: