Talk

Advanced search

It seems, that the RAF have got a new base

(6 Posts)
Saltire Tue 16-Nov-10 13:50:46

"RAF Angelsey"hmmaccording to the BBC and the clips of the reporter outside what looks like RAF Valley

scaryteacher Tue 16-Nov-10 15:19:56

The press are ignorant. When the SDSR was announced they stood in Gosport saying it was the home of Ark Royal - duh! I thought that was Pompey (and that should be closed and everything should go back to Devonport!!!)

Mum72 Wed 17-Nov-10 20:02:17

Numpties! They get it wrong when referring to service personnel in the news as well! Everyone is a soldier whether they are Army, RAF or Navy!hmm

Saltire Wed 17-Nov-10 21:04:10

mum72 - that is my pet hate. I have on several occasions emailed the BBC to tell them they have it wrong. I once emailed them and said "can you tell Huw Edwards that he's standing wherever he is in Afghanistan with 4 guys clearly showing RAF ranks slides and he's referring to the Army"

Mum72 Wed 17-Nov-10 21:21:09

Have you ever had response? Have to say it drives me up the wall!

MrsSnaplegs Sat 20-Nov-10 06:45:40

scary please don't suggest they close Pompey and move us all to the SW - we've only just got a 1/4 here wink - also SW is too close to my mother - DH won't live within 50 miles of her supposedly grin even though we would both love to be down there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now