So any chance of Miss Middleton joining us on here do you think grin

HRHCavey Tue 16-Nov-10 15:41:06

I was just wondering the same thing!

flossie64 Tue 16-Nov-10 17:53:36

I think its a bit extreme ,if all they want is a MQ wink grin

MrsSnaplegs Tue 16-Nov-10 17:59:11

Yep we all know the rules about cohabiting in 1/4s grin

MrsSnaplegs Tue 16-Nov-10 18:17:05

Although I do think his Gran has a spare room she could stay in - we've all had to put up with staying with the in laws!

Bet DE don't take 6 months to find them a 1/4 wink but I would love to be there for the march in - who is telling Kate she needs to leave the cooker as she found it and has to clean inside the window frames grin

LtEveDallas Tue 16-Nov-10 18:26:30

Bet they don't get given a type C. Can you imagine Wills being told he's only entitled to a 3 bed!

Saying that, have you seen the quarters in Valley? Even by RAF standards they aren't that great. Methinks they'll be living out...

HRHCavey Tue 16-Nov-10 18:34:48

I have to admit the first thought that popped into my head when I heard was that DH will probably get pinged for street-lining duty. He had to do the Golden Jubilee in 2002 - came home with no voice having spent all day barking orders over the noise of the crowd and missed all the fun on telly!

flossie64 Tue 16-Nov-10 18:35:29

Could you imgaine the uproar if he had a bigger quarter than the Station Commmander grin
Living on camp would save fortune in bodyguard salaries though!

MrsSnaplegs Tue 16-Nov-10 19:40:58

Oh street lining duties - joy of joys - had forgotten that aspect hmm suppose I better make sure I can still get back into my uniform by then or would that be a good excusewink

madwomanintheattic Wed 17-Nov-10 02:33:35

oh, i've used that one mrss - they wanted to send me to northolt to wave at folk for a couple of months. i told them i'd do it, but as i was too pg to get into my no. 1s, was it ok if i just did it in 2s for the forseeable? that sorted out that one pretty sharpish - i can't think of anything worse, and apparently, neither could they...

mind you, it did follow hot on the heels of my good friend who appeared on the bbc news having not duly waved at the said grandma. that cost him a few beers.

was wondering about quarters earlier though...

MrsSnaplegs Wed 17-Nov-10 10:34:16

I'm hoping they set the date for before Easter Leave as I will still be on mat leave then grin

I think he already "lives out" in a cottage up there anyway - not as if he can't afford to rent privately wink but it did tickle me to think they may have to do a march in/out grin

HRHMcDreamy Wed 17-Nov-10 11:01:29

I think they already live at Valley, or at least nearby. I'm guessing they won't apply for a quarter but you never know. Security wise it would be better for them wouldn't it?

Wonder if she'll be flower arranging in the mess for next years summer ball grin

vintageteacups Wed 17-Nov-10 14:20:08

Can you imagine her calling up MHS and saying
"you said you were going to come and fix the shower and I stayed in all day to wait but nobody turned up. Doesn't that mean I get £25 of M & S vouchers???"

MrsSnaplegs Wed 17-Nov-10 16:38:39

Vintage grin

flossie64 Wed 17-Nov-10 19:16:19

dh said he thought about the MQ thing as well ,but then told me there are none behind the wire at Valley, so no security bonus.
LMAO at the M & S vouchergrin

vintageteacups Wed 17-Nov-10 19:30:29

Well actually, she might change it to suit her own lifestyle.....

"don't suppose you do Fortnum and Mason vouchers instead of M & S do you?"

madwomanintheattic Thu 18-Nov-10 01:33:20

actually, as one of the wives that doesn't work, we could all give her a ring and ask if she wouldn't mind letting the plumber in for us whilst we're out... after all, she's got nothing else to do, has she?

<sore point>

i wonder if she babysits... dog sits... would water the plants whilst we're away...

<disclaimer - not at valley grin>

flossie64 Thu 18-Nov-10 09:09:07

Vintage - sge's middle class you knowwink
Do middle class people shop in F & M? grin
Madwoman - of course, one has to be good to one's neighbours grin

HRHMcDreamy Thu 18-Nov-10 10:59:30

Surely she'd be up for the babysiting circle once their first baby comes along.

flossie64 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:18:35

It would be great once their baby comes along, as they will have a nanny and all the kids on the patch could be dropped off there when their parents are attending a function wink

vintageteacups Thu 18-Nov-10 19:24:09

wowsers - imagine the scale of the birthday parties (and party bag contents!)

MrsSnaplegs Thu 18-Nov-10 20:48:13

Not that any of us have high expectations of her yetgrin. Hope they are very happy together and I wish them the best of luck!

CaveMum Thu 18-Nov-10 20:52:08

Definitely wish them both the best, and if Kate fancies having a wardrobe clear out I am more than happy to clear some space for some of her Issa dresses [wipes drool from chin] grin

HRHMcDreamy Thu 18-Nov-10 21:14:03

Oh yes can you imagine the queues at the thrift shop wink

vintageteacups Thu 18-Nov-10 21:34:16

I really do think they are the 'new monarchy' and will change a lot of old fudddy duddy rules.

Can't wait to see what her dress is like.
I reckon vintage lace, slender but with a long, lace train.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: