Talk

Advanced search

Milton Keynes

(8 Posts)
Teddybear45 Tue 04-Jun-19 17:17:13

You don’t have kids yet so don’t waste money moving to an Outstanding school area - most of these schools haven’t had an inspection in years and MK areas tend to have a high turnover, so there’s no guarantee they are actually still outstanding.

Emerson Valley is a good area for new families / starter 3 bed homes. Don’t waste money on 4 or 5 bed houses in this area as you may not get your money back in this market.

If you have money then Aspley Guise, Loughton, Furzton Lake are really nice. Shenley Brook End and Shenley Church End are both good areas too.

Itellpeopletogoogleit Tue 04-Jun-19 17:15:45

I thought you were selling Milton Keynes and now I'm disappointed.

freshstartnewme Tue 04-Jun-19 17:13:40

This makes no sense. Someone has suggested you buy a house in Milton Keynes but you have no links to the area and done know it? Why would you buy a house there? Where do you live now? What about your jobs etc?

TheShoeLady Tue 04-Jun-19 17:11:15

Ah sorry, just noticed this is for future children not already existing ones! In that case I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

5+ years is a long time and things change. I’d buy a nice house in an area you like,
get to know the area and then when it comes to worrying about schools you might be in a totally different position and want something completely different from what you want now.

Might be worth renting in MK first to check out the area if you’re not familiar before committing to buying.

TheShoeLady Tue 04-Jun-19 17:05:04

To be honest, it doesn’t matter which area you buy in, you will be allocated a place at whichever school can fit you in, you’re not guaranteed a place at the closest school to your home regardless of whether it’s good or not,

As a rapidly growing area there are lots of new schools too, which won’t have any history to compare, for example Oakgrove Primary and the new schools at Brooklands.

Maybe contact the council and ask them which schools have availability, especially if your DCs are key stage one. Older ones can make room for an extra pupil if you have a good reason to appeal their allocation, whereas the strict 30 limit on lower years means you couldn’t get them into some schools regardless.

As an aside, MK is great for families. There are loads of open green spaces, parks etc, cycle paths around the whole city so you can go for safe bike rides as a family, there a villages, small towns and new estates all encompassed in the ‘city’ so all type of houses and communities, and there’s plenty to do for all ages too. Just pick your area wisely (I’d be happy to advise if you have somewhere in mind!) and you’ll love it.

sowysir Tue 04-Jun-19 16:52:19

I live in Oakridge Park in Milton Keynes. It is a good place to live but I heard that the schools nearby are not good.

CarrieBlu Sun 02-Jun-19 23:51:39

Stony Stratford is nice.

Riba2019 Sun 02-Jun-19 23:49:07

Hi,
We are looking to a buy our first home and someone has recommended us to buy a in Milton Keynes. We are not aware about the area. We are a couple and planning to have kids soon. I was wondering if anyone can help us in choosing the area which has better schools and give us an idea about renting our property just incase we don't find that area is for us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »