Talk

Advanced search

Overly friendly neighbour?

(4 Posts)
Flowered05 Thu 14-Mar-19 21:12:48

I have a neighbour who is most likely 20+ years older than me. He comes to my door late in the evening with bags of shopping for the 3rd time this month.

As we live in flats I'm pretty sure he walks over to the shop and comes back to mine with chocolates, crisps, bananas etc. With his coat on so I know he's just made the effort.

As grateful as I am, we've never spoken before and he doesn't talk English and I'm not sure what language he speaks so I have no idea why he's dropping food round when he has a wife and kids of his own to feed. I tried to ask why last time but he couldn't make sense of it.

He came round 10 minutes ago, I didn't answer due to just having a bath and being in my dressing gown with my legs out. blush

I'm getting some sort of anxiety from it! He'll knock for atleast 5 minutes then walk away. I can't stop shaking. I'm scared he'll come back later. Even though it's a kind gesture I'm finding it awfully creepy, especially with the time!

How can I let him know I'm grateful but I don't want shopping off him?sadsad

I know I sound so rude, I just don't know what to think!

HennyPennyHorror Thu 14-Mar-19 21:20:27

Why on earth are you accepting these offerings?? You shouldn't! You will just encourage him.

Or aren't you accepting it? What you can do is to tell him face to face "Do not knock on my door...I don't want your shopping!" in a firm voice. If he continues, call your local non emergency police and tell them. They will go and speak to him which will probably stop him.

Flowered05 Thu 14-Mar-19 21:29:51

@HennyPennyHorror I've only accepted it once! Last time I didn't answer the door.

He doesn't understand English I tried to tell him before but I don't want to be so rude. I think I will somehow need to find out where he's from and translate from on my phone.

I stay at my mums twice a week due to work so it makes me wonder how much he actually comes round!hmm

HennyPennyHorror Thu 14-Mar-19 21:39:41

Open the door next time, point to the shopping and frown...then shake your head and say "NO" and close the door.

That's clear enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »