Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easy recipes for quick lunches/teas

(8 Posts)
spangles Tue 16-Aug-05 18:28:57

I need ideas for nutritious meals for lunch/tea time. My boys are 15 mths and almost 5 yrs old. What recipes do you use often that are easy and you KNOW the kids will eat.
I seem to have got into a rut. HELP.

JiminyCricket Tue 16-Aug-05 18:42:33

Constantly looking for new ideas too - chicken stir fry with noodles is a favourite; pasta mixed with tuna and sweetcorn (and cheese sometimes); tuna and cheese toasties; tomato soup and pitta bread; macaroni cheese or cauliflower cheese (pity DH won't eat this!); any kind of baked fish with rice and peas (dd's fave); baked potatoes cut in half with the insides scooped out, mixed with butter and cheese, then put back in the skins; grilled/roasted chicken legs/thighs with potato wedges and veg..this is making me hungry

lucy5 Tue 16-Aug-05 18:48:15

mash a banana, add some honey, nutmeg raisins and ricotta cheese and spread on a sandwich, toasted if you like, yummy for lunch.

saadia Tue 16-Aug-05 18:48:25

Mine love Philadelphia and cucumber sandwiches (ds1 always says that a sandwich "has to have something tasty inside"). They also like houmus and grated carrot sandwiches, fish cakes (made in advance and frozen), pasta with any veggies, scrambled egg with added cheese (ds2 always spits this out but ds1 loves it), lamb curry with rice and peas, rice with lentils.

I will be looking out for other suggestions you get.

helsi Tue 16-Aug-05 18:54:22

baked bean flan.

one ready made short crust pastry case.
1 tin baked beans
2 grated carrots
1 grated onion
1 tsp dried thyme
4 eggs beaten

whizz the beans, and veg together add the seasoning. add the beaten agg and mix thoroughly. pour into the pastry case and bake at 180C for about 20 mins or until the filling had set.
can be served hot or cold with veg or salad as part of a main meal or a snack.

MaloryTowers Tue 16-Aug-05 19:22:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spangles Wed 17-Aug-05 16:56:28

This is making me hungry

NannyL Wed 17-Aug-05 17:46:41

beans on toast

scrambed egg on toast

Sandwhiches / rolls / bagels / pitta...
egg mayo
ham
cheese
philidelphia
" " and smoked salmon
cold raost chicken

Pizza... i buy a cheese and tom ones and we add out own extra bits

my charges eat pasta / veg and cheese sauce with pretty much anything u would think about addding as well

chicken / fish etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now