Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for packed lunches?

(8 Posts)
sarah33 Tue 16-Aug-05 12:19:18

My ds is 18 months old and attends nursery who unfortunately do not provide teas and request we send them with a cold packed meal. Unfortunately my ds will not eat any kind of bread so that rules out sandwiches. He will not eat pizza so all i can think of is pasta, tuna and sweetcorn type meals. Anyone got any other simple suggestions to add abit of variety.

spykid Tue 16-Aug-05 12:31:39

what about crispbreads or breadsticks?
salads?
cold sausages in tomatoe sauce?

flashingnose Tue 16-Aug-05 12:33:37

Dips and veg, perhaps branching out into pitta bread fingers if ds starts eating bread?

Frizbe Tue 16-Aug-05 12:35:20

Cheese n Low Salt Crackers, with cherry toms/grapes/other sliced fruit?
Keep trying with the bread you never know? how about cream cheese n jam sarnies in brown bread, my dd likes brown, but hates white! (result!)
ditto the sausages, tesco do a tub of kids ones?
will he eat pastry? if so sausage roll/pastie of any discription sliced small?

sarah33 Tue 16-Aug-05 12:37:38

Thanks all for the advice, off to Tescos now to stock up! Fingers crossed

Millie1 Tue 16-Aug-05 13:54:41

Oh, my eldest is the same and he's 4. He will not touch a sandwich. For 2 yrs I cooked pasta and sauce recipes, kept a stock in the freezer and sent them. then DS2 arrived and I thought sod it and now he goes 2 days a week and gets cold cocktail sausages on one day and sm sausage rolls the other day - plus a teeny bit of tomato ketchup to dip them in. He also gets a yogurt and if he'd eat them I'd send fruit or raisins ... but he won't. If you find anything that works ... lmk!!

JiminyCricket Tue 16-Aug-05 18:54:36

potato salad, coleslaw (great with cheese mixed in), have you tried those tortilla wrap flatbread type things - dd loves them and she doesn't eat much bread - plain or spread with cream cheese, pasta with ham, some sort of couscous salad, maybe with bacon in?

sarah33 Tue 16-Aug-05 20:26:56

Millie1 have you tried pasta mixed with some tuna and sweetcorn, its about the only think ds will eat at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now