Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going organic

(6 Posts)
ChaCha Sun 14-Aug-05 12:41:43

I've tried several times but always seem to slip back into old habits. I am determined to stick to an organic diet this time and wondered how i should start. I'm planning on a trip to Asda or Tesco this afternoon, should i just start buying organic as a substitute for the usual? i.e organic teabags, milk, pasta etc. instead of the usual stuff?
Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Papillon Sun 14-Aug-05 12:53:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WideWebWitch Sun 14-Aug-05 12:54:26

Yes, buy everythign you normally would but organic. Be prepared for a shock at the cost though!

ChaCha Sun 14-Aug-05 12:56:30

WWW - really? That much difference?
Any suggestions as to where is best value for money?

WideWebWitch Sun 14-Aug-05 13:07:49

Asda organic is much cheaper than Sainsbury's organic and is still Soil Association organic standard.

IlanaK Sun 14-Aug-05 13:20:47

If you are talking about stock cupboard things, then supermarket is your best bet. But if you are talking about fruit/veg/meat, then I would look elsewhere. Local farmers markets will be much cheaper and better quality. And if you don't have one, then a local box scheme would work too. They often do meat as well as fresh produce. We even get our bottled water (organic) delivered by ABel and Cole with our produce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now