Talk

Advanced search

Home made Chicken Nuggets

(15 Posts)
Tiger1 Tue 09-Aug-05 23:08:14

I want to make some for a summer party i am having. We are doing evertying organic or homemade. Do you know a good coating for my chicken breasts........

Milge Tue 09-Aug-05 23:09:32

Dip in egg, then in a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated parmesan then oven cook for about 15-20m depending on how big the chicken bits are.

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 23:10:15

do mine with hm breadcrumbs, hefty sprinkle of low-salt boullion powder, bit of pepper. they love them.

Blossomhill Tue 09-Aug-05 23:10:51

I make my chicken nuggets like this

Cut up some chicken breasts into nugget shaped pieces
Toast some bread and whizz it round in proccesor to make crumbs. Add parika and garlic to breadcrumbs. Dip chicken in flour then in egg & milk mixture, then breadcrumbs. Cook for 15 minutes

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 23:11:33

oh, yes, and dip in beaten egg before rolling!

bundle Wed 10-Aug-05 11:17:35

add a bit of parmesan too

Tinker Wed 10-Aug-05 11:20:51

Put the chicken pieces in a bag with natural yogurt before coating them. Leave in bag in fridge for about an hour. Nigella uses crushed Ritz carckers as coating = gorgeous

elliott Wed 10-Aug-05 11:26:10

my top tip is to marinade them before you make the nuggets - really adds to the flavour.
Apart from that, i follow the dinner lady's recipe for the coating - egg then breadcrumbs.
I've also found that using thigh meat works just as well as breast and is much cheaper (organic chicken breasts are soooo expensive!)

Tiger1 Wed 10-Aug-05 21:25:29

Thank you all so much. I have printed this page out and will try each one before the party to see whats the best. Thanks again

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 21:44:55

When I haven't had time to make breadcrumbs I have coated them in crunched up weetabix (dipped in egg first).

MarsLady Wed 10-Aug-05 21:45:51

we use Cornflakes in this house. Loved by all!

spidermama Wed 10-Aug-05 21:46:37

What a fab idea for a party Tiger.
I made donuts yesterday. They were fab and really easy.

Louise1970 Thu 11-Aug-05 15:59:39

How did you make the donuts Spidermama ?

spidermama Thu 11-Aug-05 19:18:08

Sieve together 8oz plain flour, 1/2 level tspoon of bicar of soda, 1 level tesapoon of cream of tartare and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Rub in 1oz butter.
Mix 2oz in sugar.
Make well in middle. Add 1 beaten egg to make stiff dough (can add milk if necessary).
Drop SMALL amounts of mixture into deepish fat and fry 'til golden.

Yum. Really make small drops because they grow a lot and you don't want the middle to be doughy.

Louise1970 Thu 11-Aug-05 22:57:54

hmm, sounds lovely may have a go. Whsts cream of tartare. Can i use dairy free butter, like olive spread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: