Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Absolutley scrumptious, low cal pudding needed

(10 Posts)
lilibet Tue 09-Aug-05 12:32:02

It's the in laws weddign anniversary this weeekdn and they are coming for a meal. Fil is a real puddings man and I'm on 9,000 calories a week.

Anyone got anything to help?

AlmostAnAngel Tue 09-Aug-05 12:34:13

merrangue [spelling ] with fresh strawberries on top....raspberry [blended] around the plate and low fat cream

AlmostAnAngel Tue 09-Aug-05 12:34:49

you could add very thin chocolate leaves

triceratops Tue 09-Aug-05 12:36:37

summer pudding is great at this time of year.

lilibet Tue 09-Aug-05 12:37:52

Summer Pudding - ooooh - hadn't thought of that

Milge Tue 09-Aug-05 12:39:53

but think of the carbs in white bread - pavlova/fruit and meringues with lemon sorbet may be less calorific

Milge Tue 09-Aug-05 12:39:53

but think of the carbs in white bread - pavlova/fruit and meringues with lemon sorbet may be less calorific

bran Tue 09-Aug-05 12:47:57

Mango and Green Tea sorbet

1 mug of green tea with 3-4 teaspoons of sugar dissolved in it and allowed to cool
juice of 1 lime
2 large, ripe mangoes cut into pieces

Blitz it all in a food processor. Taste and if necessary add a little more sugar dissolved in water.

Freeze for 1-2 hours until sludgey, then blitz in the food processor again to break up ice crystals. Put back in freezer. When serving take it out of the freezer about 10 mins beforehand to allow to soften a little.

Guard Tue 09-Aug-05 13:18:38

You could do a version of pudding which I've had in a restaurant - which is frozen summer berries and hot white choc sauce - if you did it with low fat creme fraiche, a low cal sweetner and vanilla essence (mix and heat gently + serve on big flat plates with a bit of icing sugar round the outside for elegant effect... you'd prob get the same effect and low fat ... ?

hatstand Tue 09-Aug-05 13:32:27

I'd just go for a huge bowl of fresh mixed berries (they look fab in a glass or a white bowl), with ice cream/creme fraiche/sweetened marscapone and shortbread, all served seperately. Very easy, no last minute prep, looks lovely and low cal coz you can just have the fruit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now