Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipes needed for Charity Cookbook

(11 Posts)
froot Tue 09-Aug-05 07:17:00

I am compiling a cook book to raise funds for a charity called Gift of Sight (part of Wessex Hope) and would be really grateful if anyone could post their favourite fastest family meal. My dh is doing a 100 km Sahahra Desert Trek in November for Gift of Sight and we need to raise £1750 for the charity in a short space of time!

BUT I don't want your money - just recipes!

I haven't decided on a title yet - The Frazzled Mothers Cook Book - Fresh Food FAST is a possibility or How to Be A Yummy Mummy.....
But any suggestions gratefully received!

As it is for quick food - the fewer ingredients needed the better - I try to stick to 6 or less when I'm cooking!

It will be more of a booklet than a book really and I would like to give it a homely feel by putting each contributors name next to their recipe, which I can see might be a problem with the anonymity issue........perhaps you could make up a name, maybe your middle name and your grandmothers surname or something?

SoupDragon Tue 09-Aug-05 10:16:07

You need to be sure you're not just lifting recipes from published cookbooks otherwise you could run into copyright problems.

froot Tue 09-Aug-05 18:06:28

Yes I wondered about that - I was going to phone Good Housekeeping for advice.

But I think most people have kind of made up recipes that are family favourites??

mancmum Tue 09-Aug-05 18:17:38

OK - -my favourite quick snack.....

cut croissants in half and fill with sliced brie and sliced but not peeled pear... put in some chopped leaf spinach if liked... put together and stick in hot oven for 10 minutes... serve with home made brocolli soup -- divine and fast lunch!!

SoupDragon Tue 09-Aug-05 18:45:58

You should be Ok as most recipes are generic - like flapjacks - which you put your own twist on. You just need to be sure it's not obviously "nigella's banana bread" or something.

desperatehousewife Tue 09-Aug-05 18:49:54

My Macaroni cheese:

cook pasta (fusilli or penne), then mix with loads of grated cheddar cheese, chopped red onions, sweetcorn, tomato puree and big dollop of tomato ketchup. Bake for 40 mins in medium/hot oven.

Desperatehousewife.

katylou25 Tue 09-Aug-05 20:00:10

Chilli Fajita Lasagne

Fry off Mince, onions and any other veg. Add Fajita or cajun seasoning and passata. Cook for 10 mins or so. Layer in an oven proof dish with soft tortillas, making sure top is a tortilla. top with cheese sauce,(homemade or bought) and plenty of grated cheese. bake for 40 mins at 180c.

froot Wed 10-Aug-05 07:50:36

Thanks guys do you want your nickname by them?

desperatehousewife Wed 10-Aug-05 08:27:31

very happy to have mine by it!

MrsGordonRamsay Wed 10-Aug-05 08:39:41

I think ,if you put mine in your book you would have a law suit on your hands.

froot Wed 10-Aug-05 13:03:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now