Talk

Advanced search

Help! Ideas please....

(5 Posts)
CaptainCavemansMummy Mon 08-Aug-05 10:30:50

My 15mo ds has started vomiting spectacularly every time he sits in his high chair. He will then go on to eat his meal no probs. It started about 4 weeks ago when he would gag on and off at the start of a meal, but accelerated to near total stomach emptying about 4 days ago (coinciding with a tummy bug).
Spoke to HV who suggests feeding him in a different place (ie. on my knee), but can't keep him still! Anybody got any ideas what else I might try??
Phsyically he's fine, no other signs of illness but will take him to GP if still doing this in 48 hours!

SoupDragon Mon 08-Aug-05 10:42:29

A booster seat at the table? Does he do it before you give him any food?

CaptainCavemansMummy Mon 08-Aug-05 10:54:02

Yes, he does it either just before he sees the food or just after!
He eats most things we give him without a problem - just seems to be the association of starting a meal in the high chair.
I will certainly try a booster seat, thanks for that SD

albert Mon 08-Aug-05 11:36:19

Does he have a car seat? Could you feed him in that? Obviusly in the kitchen though, not in the car

CaptainCavemansMummy Mon 08-Aug-05 11:42:06

I'm going to start with trying a booster seat - need something that doesn't need putting in the washing machine after it's been drenched in baby vom. (thank heavens for wipe clean surfaces!)
If all else fails I may resort to feeding him in the car

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now