Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Morrocan vegetable Stew

(8 Posts)
bagpussmice Thu 04-Aug-05 17:22:34

I had this in a restaurant today and it was absolutely delicious.... it had chickpeas, veg, tomatoes, in a yummy sauce with a bit of a kick, and lots of coriander.
Has anyone ever made this before and/or got a recipee???

WigWamBam Thu 04-Aug-05 17:25:10

Serves 4, but keeps very well.

2 red onions, cut into chunks
2 carrots, cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 black olives, stoned
3 tablespoons sultanas
3 dried apricots, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
juice of one lemon
600ml vegetable stock
4 new potatoes, quartered
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 courgettes, trimmed and chopped into 2.5cm chunks (or a little thinner if you prefer)
400g can chopped tomatoes
425g can chickpeas, drained
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander

Combine the onions, carrots, garlic, olives, sultanas, spices, lemon juice and 300ml of the stock in a heavy-based frying pan. Simmer briskly, covered, for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer briskly for 4-5 minutes, until the liquid is almost gone and the vegetables and spices are frying in their own 'juices'.

Add the potatoes and some more stock. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the courgettes, a little more stock, and the tomatoes. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender. Stir in the chickpeas and herbs, and heat through.

Serve with couscous.

bagpussmice Thu 04-Aug-05 17:33:58

Thanks WWB - can't wait to try it!!!!

mumbojumbo Thu 04-Aug-05 18:13:19

This sounds delicious - I'll give it a go!

MrsBubsDeVere Thu 04-Aug-05 18:15:46

Do you think that this could be frozen?

WigWamBam Thu 04-Aug-05 18:20:30

Yes, it can be frozen.

bagpussmice Sat 06-Aug-05 20:44:20

I made this tonight and it was delicious, and very easy! May add a bit of chilli powder next time to give it a bit more "kick", but fab recipee thanks Wigwambam

WigWamBam Sat 06-Aug-05 20:48:30

Oh, sorry - I forgot to add that I have wussy tastebuds and the recipe probably reflects that!

Glad you enjoyed it, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now