Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kids with garlic breath.

(12 Posts)
spidermama Wed 03-Aug-05 12:15:47

We cook every day and most days our cooking involves garlic. It's fine during the holidays, but I tried to cut down on it last term as I worried about my kids having smelly breath.

Do your kids have garlic?

Hulababy Wed 03-Aug-05 12:17:03

DD has garlic and enjoys food with it in. I do notice when she has had garlic and I haven't. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it though.

nailpolish Wed 03-Aug-05 12:17:35

oh yes! ive never really worried about the smelly breath though, maybe i should start..

isnt chewing fresh parsley or something meant to neutralise it?

gingerbear Wed 03-Aug-05 12:18:54

yep. We all love it. Why worry about the pong ?

spidermama Wed 03-Aug-05 12:20:01

I didn't worry until one day, when we had a friend round, and her dd said, 'I don't want to sit next to him because his breath is smelly'.

It could only have been garlic. This did make me worry. If only most people ate garlic every day it wouldn't matter.

Pinotmum Wed 03-Aug-05 12:20:43

Yep mine have garlic breath as well

ilovehorses Wed 03-Aug-05 12:22:07

We have it a lot as into Indian food as are children, we cook it a lot and think some people ahve far worse breath, like a drain but I wouldn't ever say anything, it's halitosis I think. XXstrong mints if you're worried though.

spidermama Wed 03-Aug-05 18:41:13

Maybe all the garlic eaters will form thier own gang.

Milliways Wed 03-Aug-05 19:23:09

I always remember picking up DS from nursery on garlic bread days - only a parent could love him those nights

Lonelymum Wed 03-Aug-05 19:32:24

Gosh mine eat garlic and I have never even considered the idea that it would give them bad smelling breath.

jamboure Wed 03-Aug-05 20:12:12

ds's love garlic bread

piffle Wed 03-Aug-05 20:15:32

yes feed me and damn the smelly consequences, dd and ds adore hummus and anything garlicky so they get it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now