Talk

Advanced search

18 months no meat no veg

(9 Posts)
Denmark Tue 02-Aug-05 19:43:05

I NEED HELP..... My 18 month old daughter is A VERY VERY FUSSY EATER and I don't know what to do. She will not eat meat and veg I know I have to introduce it to her many many times, but the problem is that she don't even want to taste it. She just eats cheese, salami, differents kinds of fruit, yogurt etc. I really need her to start to eat proper food because I don't believe she is getting all her vitamins. I was thinking of cutting out all snacks and only give her breakfast, milk before her nap, lunch, dinner and milk before bedtime, I taht to hard for a 18 months old or........ I was also thinking that if she get really hungry she might try to taste something diffferent. Anyone with any advise ?

hermykne Tue 02-Aug-05 19:46:54

denmark cut the milk out too, its a food not a drink/liquid, she could survive on it alone
my dd was similar, and by reducing her milk intake her appetite increased and thus her curiousity
milk coats the digestive tract thus quenching hunger, morn and even milk would be fine and sufficent for her daily quota if she eats cheese as u say, and if she queries it just dilute it gradually.

otherwise does she eat pasta - have u made a hidden veg suace for it?
or chicken nuggets home made with carrot and apple in them

giraffeski Tue 02-Aug-05 19:47:04

Message withdrawn

Denmark Tue 02-Aug-05 19:51:45

She dos not eat pasta, she does not even want to try. I have made homemade sauce with hidden veg she just spits it out. she does not like nuggets I have also made different kinds of meatball (she will not taste) I have made roast chicken, pork, lamb etc the same again she will not taste, if she finally taste she spits it all out. she is getting 6-7 Oz milk at 11H00 and at her bedtime 19H00. For breakfast she is eating 1-2 weatabix.

WigWamBam Tue 02-Aug-05 19:53:53

What do you do when she won't eat it - do you make her something else, or do you just take the food away? If you pander to her by making her something else, then she'll carry on doing it. If she won't eat the food, just take it away and don't offer anything else until she's next due something to eat. She won't starve herself.

Denmark Tue 02-Aug-05 19:53:59

The salami she eat is about 2 thin slices of danish salami a day if I am lucky, so it is not a lot

Frizbe Tue 02-Aug-05 19:57:16

You could try milk 1st thing am, before breakfast, and then leave it until just before bed......have you tried tomato soup, its the only one dd would touch until recently, but now she's starting to branch out! got some chicken soup down her the other day!! If your really worried about vit's get the liquid suplement from boots, can't do any harm can it?

Denmark Tue 02-Aug-05 19:58:30

Hi WigWamBam My partner and I was thinking about that because I sometimes give her fruit, yogurt or weatabix if she has not really eaten anything so I know that she is full when she goes to bed. We where thinking that we could make her fx. meatball pasta etc and if she does not eat something we will wait for dinner time then she should be hungry. I guess your right that she will not starve will try that tomorrow. Thanks again

Denmark Tue 02-Aug-05 20:00:09

Hi Frizbe

Will do that as well. Hope she is ready for a brand new day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now