I did this one for Christmas and everyone loved it:
No Bake Fruitcake
Easy to make, and no baking whatsoever. Makes 1 - 9 x 12
inch cake (18 servings).
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Ann
1 pound halved candied cherries
4 cups chopped pecans
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk 1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) package vanilla
1 In a large bowl mix the candied cherries, chopped
pecans, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, flaked
coconut, raisins, vanilla, and crushed vanilla wafers. Batter
will be very stiff. Place into pan and store in the refrigerator.
i made this cake but i must have done something wrong its quite dense like a malt loaf but pale is there meant to be butter in it?, what have i done wrong?, i thought it would be like a manorhouse fruit songe is it meant to?
This one is fool-proof!
To make two 1lb fruit loaves.....
6fl oz Water
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Eggs well beaten
8oz Self-raising flour
1. Put Sugar, Water, Raisins, Margarine & Bicarbonate of Soda in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Boil for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and leave for a few minutes until cool.
4. Add the well beaten eggs, then add the flour.
5. Divide mixture between 2 1lb loaf tins lined with greaseproof cases.
6. Bake in the oven Gas mark 4, 180C, 350F for 40 minutes (reduce heat for fan assisted ovens)