Talk

Advanced search

how much milk @ 18mths??

(4 Posts)
lilsmum Sun 31-Jul-05 11:42:47

dd is 18mth, and has been on a bottle (which she drains 9 oz morn and night) yesterday i started her on a cup for her milk, but she is now only drinking 4 oz instead of 9oz,

so she is drinking about 8 oz of milk, plus she has cheese, yogurts, and milk on cereal.

is this ok?

how much milk do they need at this age?

could ask HV but cant be bothered going to clinic just to ask this.

TIA x

anchovies Sun 31-Jul-05 11:44:29

Ds is 18 months and has exactly the same amount. 2 cups of milk plus milk on breakfast, cheese and yoghurt.

Seona1973 Sun 31-Jul-05 12:54:39

the minimum recommended is about 350mls (about 12ounces) from 1 year. This is inclusive of milk on cereal, in foods, etc amd also includes dairy products like yoghurt, cheese, etc. My dd has an open top beaker with a couple of ounces of milk along with her breakfast and a small avent magic cup of milk before bed and that is all the milk she drinks - the rest is made up of dairy, cereal, etc.

Your lo sounds as if she is getting plenty. You may find that as your lo gets used to taking milk from the cup, that her intake will pick up a bit as well.

lilsmum Sun 31-Jul-05 13:00:39

thanks guys, as usual i am getting worried over nothing lol.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now