Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

QUICK - FRUIT QUESTION!

(12 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 29-Jul-05 17:39:38

We think Jessi s allergic to Mandarins as she had a bad reaction (rear end wise - rash/runs etc) the other day.

I am obviously steering clear of that for now, but is pear and peaches ok?! She is scoffing pear at the moment but worried in case she has another reaction.

We know she is fine with Kiwi and Banana.... so will pear and peaches be ok?!

PLEASE someone tell me i wont have screams and nasty nappies tonight!!!

starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 17:40:38

well if she's eating it right now then it's too late! lol
i think you;ll be ok... there is no way of telling. but citrus fruits can cause allergic reaction

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 29-Jul-05 17:41:08

is pear and peaches classed as citrus?!

starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 17:41:43

ac6tually just read it up in my book and says most common allergic reaction to citrus is skin rashes and excema,

so maybe she just ate too much?

crystaltips Fri 29-Jul-05 17:42:00

nope ... not citrus HTH

starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 17:42:33

no.. it gives pear as an alternative so should be fine!

it says avoid oranges, satsumas etc orange loliies and squash!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 29-Jul-05 17:47:01

wouldnt sore blistered bum be considered skin rash?!

im just so confused by all this! The runs, fair enough, its why i gave it to her in the first palce, she had been a bit bunged up.... but she litterally has blisters on her bum

starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 17:48:57

teething? that can cause nappy rash apparently!

not sure... i would steer clear for the moment... but perhaps try her again with a small amount in a month or so... and see if it happens again

i mean, it could have been anything really... wouldn't jump to conclusions unless it happens a couple of times

Donbean Fri 29-Jul-05 17:50:45

Oh my its awful isnt it.
DS has the most horrific blisters and sore bum when he has oranges.
Tangerines are ok funnily enough but oranges oooooooooh nasty.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 29-Jul-05 18:01:47

so pleased jess isnt the only one.... we tried monday and she was bad tuesday then tried wednesday and she was EVIL yesterday - her bum looks so sore, and she cries everytime we change her or she wee's - poor little girl!

WigWamBam Fri 29-Jul-05 18:19:17

My dad has an allergy to citrus, and he was advised to avoid tomatoes as well, as the level of citric acid is similar. It might be worth avoiding tomatoes as well for a while, until you know for sure whether it's citrus that's causing the problem.

Hausfrau Fri 29-Jul-05 18:58:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now