Talk

Advanced search

first beakers/cups

(12 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 19:55:47

I notice Tommee Tippee now do a new range (or rather new since I had DS 4 years ago) called Easiflow. Are these okay does anyone know? I seem to remember before being advised not to use the beakers that didn't spill as they could damage babies teeth and they were too much like hard work for them to get any liquid out.

Magscat Thu 28-Jul-05 19:59:36

Not sure if it's the one you mean but I've just got dd a Tommy Tippee beaker. It says from 4 months and it's only non-spill because the spout is hinged so you can bend it down & it won't spill. If the spout is up in the drinking position it will still spill.
I think these are ok because the problem is with the ones that have a valve in so the baby has to suck to get the water out.
Don't know if there are any experts out there who know more?

My HV also gave me a great one that they recommend & give out free - might be worth asking

Hulababy Thu 28-Jul-05 20:14:01

If you would rather use a non spoted first cup/beaker, why not try a Doidy cup .

It has no lid, but with help it can be used really early. I used one with my DD from about 4/5 months.

"Health professionals are advising use of the Doidy Cup to prevent long term health problems caused by delayed weaning and prolonged use of feeding bottles and spouted cups.

Numerous Health Authorities are promoting the use of the Doidy Cup in their 'SURE START' and 'BOTTLE TO CUP' campaigns."

Carlk Thu 28-Jul-05 20:18:12

agree with hulababy on the doidy cup, they are def.... er very very good

poppy101 Thu 28-Jul-05 20:19:37

I found doidy cup good until my lo decides that he wants to blow bubbles until it all the time. Have found that he is good at using a ttippee only problem is that it takes forever when drinking milk that I have reverted back to doidy cup but finds that again he will only blow bubbles into it.

Any ideas ?

Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 21:10:27

Message withdrawn

mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 21:34:50

coming up 5 months Orinoco so probably a bit too young for a straw. DS only managed to get the hang of straws when he was 3

mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 21:43:16

thanks for the link Hulababy - I've just ordered 2 Doidy cups.

jamboure Fri 29-Jul-05 13:10:55

bought 2 easiflow cups for dts lastnight they are 18 months and have been struggling to drink from them, i bought the 9 months cups too

lunachic Fri 29-Jul-05 13:15:07

mine both love tommee tippee easy flow went straight from the one with handles to a small baeker

Distel Fri 29-Jul-05 13:19:39

Heinz do a soft spout drinking cup, one for 4 months+ and one for 8 months+.

Both are fantatic but do spill when tipped upside down.

mckenzie Fri 29-Jul-05 19:30:27

I think that's what I had for DS distel. Unfortunately DD just spills the water all down herself but she does love chewing on the spout though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now